Monday, October 31, 2016

MCT Manly Monday ~ celebrate u!


Happy Monday to U!  Today is Manly Monday over at My Creative Time!  Sometimes I have trouble creating masculine cards, so I'm always happy when I'm on the schedule for Manly Monday.  It forces me to do it :)
Now I have to admit that I had this great card planned in my head...and then I started to create it...then the crickets started chirping.  I put it all together and was NOT happy with it...boring and flat.


I just stared at it I knew it needed texture but embossing folders were out of the question since I had it all glued together.  You just can't start adding bows, buttons, and sequins to a "man" card :) 
 Then it hit me...GLOSSY ACCENTS!  It's amazing how little dots of glossy accents brought this card to life.  
If you look closely you can see where I added the slash embossing between the "u" and the footballs.  I added a "U" die to complete the "celebrate U" sentiment.


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
VersaMark Ink
Memento Ink
Glossy Accents

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Great masculine card!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Glossy Accents to the rescue! It did add a lot to your card...clever idea! I like your background and offset also. Nice card design.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!