Thursday, October 16, 2014

MCT Thrifty Thursday ~ Just Hitched!


Happy paper peeps, it's Thrifty Thursday over at My Creative Time!  
So I'm sure you're looking at this cake and wondering what does it have to do with Thrifty Thursday.  I made the cute little banner out of scraps!  However you'd never know it once it was all put together with the cake :)  


I couldn't decide which yellow to use, since I didn't know the color of the sunflowers, so I went with the piece that I could get enough star burst out of.

Sometimes things just end up working out :)

I first attached the burlap to the kraft paper, then ran it through my big shot with the die.



I think it turned out so CUTE and no one would have ever thought it was just scraps!  


recipe
My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink cardstock
Memento Ink
Bazzill cardstock
burlap
straws
hemp

8 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OH WOW your banner turned out really pretty and gosh what an awesome pic and the whole setting is fabulous gosh what a beautiful setting. Looks like a pic that would in Better Homes & Gardens WOW.....You did one awesome creative job for sure!!

Crafting Katie said...

How adorable!!! Your banner is precious, and the cake is just gorgeous! Love the burlap!

jessica said...

Such an AWESOME banner for that gorgeous cake!!!
Super job Liz!!

katieo said...

Beautiful cake topper Liz. I love the picture of the happy couple.

LucyLu said...

Beautiful banner, looks great on that gorgeous cake!!! :)

snappy scrappy said...

Oh my gosh...GORGEOUS!!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

The banner is a perfect complement for the sunflowers and looks great on the beautiful cake. I like the burlap and lace with the hemp. Fabulous job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

Oh my Liz ~ this is simply creative and stunning!! I bet the happy parents to be were over the moon with this GORGEOUS baby shower!! AMAZING job!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!