Monday, October 6, 2014

MCT Scrapping The Little Things ~ Friends!


Hey Crafty Friends!  Well I thought with the start of October meant that fall was here...I was so wrong!!!  California has had another heat wave...will this summer ever end???  Which brings me to 
today's feature, Scrapping The Little Things at My Creative Time!  Since I'm SO ready for fall, I decided to create PL style cards with fall colors.  We are also using a sketch for our layouts.  


As you can see the sketch appears to be for a card, but don't let that stop you from turning it into a layout.  I used it to create one of my PL cards.  


I stamped the flower image with a pale gray ink, then colored them with copic markers.  The pale outline gives it an almost watercolor effect.  I added some glossy accents to the center of the flowers.


I love using papers that appear to have layers to my advantage.  All I needed to do is add some hearts, a banner, and a bit more glossy accents.


recipe
My Creative Time

Extras
Simple Stories pattern paper
Scraps
Copic Markers
Glossy Accents
Hemp

Be sure to see what my DT sisters have created!

6 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG I love your take on the challenge you came up with a super fabulous and creative LO. OMG I love it and girl the way you used Miss Emma's goodies is outstanding and I can't thank you enough for your fabulous clever and creative ideas....I so can't wait to scraplift this. Oh here's something that hopefully will cool you off...here where I live in Michigan it went down over the week-end to 48 and the days were in the 50's over the week-end and today 65 we did turn our furnace on....but I love the beauty of all the trees they are gorgeous. Have a fabulous day!!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous PL cards!!!

Miranda said...

Great cards!

jessica said...

I just LOVE your PL cards Liz!!!
GREAT take on the sketch!
LOVE these!

quilt4fun2 said...

So pretty and fall like feeling. I hope you get some relief soon! Great job on your cards/LO. I like the glossy.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

Liz ~ LOVE, LOVE your PL cards!!! You know I LOVE all the products you used and of course the papers!!! FABULOUS as always!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!