Monday, October 20, 2014

MCT October Sneak Peek Day 1 ~ With Sympathy!



Whoop Whoop it's Monday, the first day of October Sneak Peeks for My Creative Time!  I'm so in LOVE with all the new stamps and dies, they are so versatile too!  I really love how creative you can be with them.  Oh and how you can mix them with previously released sets!!!

For today's card I did a some stamping, die cutting, and a bit of watercoloring!


To create the watercolor tree, I first stamped the trunk, then I cut the oval tree top out of scratch paper.  I then layed the negative over the top of the trunk and splattered watered down ink.  I use brick red, a musturd yellow, and moss green.  Once the splatters were dry I remove the "negative scratch paper"  then added a few more splatters and "leaves" at the bottom of the trunk.

Again once dry I added the sentiment and small amount of gold pen.  It's hard to see in the picture, but trust me, in person it really adds alot. :)


recipe
My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink (tree splatters)
Gold Pen

***Sneak Peek giveaway!***
We will be giving away the sets we are showcasing each day to ONE lucky winner! For example, the set we are showcasing on Wednesday, Emma will announce the winner of that on Thursday & the sets we are showcasing on Thursday, Emma will announce that winner on Friday in her video!
ALL you have to do is leave a comment on each of our blogs! You are NOT required to comment on EVERY SINGLE blog, but the more you comment on, the better chance you have for winning! VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE leave a way for us to contact you w/your comment just in case "YOU" are the lucky winner! 
For EXTRA entries, you can spread the word about this release on Facebook, tweet about it OR even instagram it! #mycreativetime!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE & let's start spreading the word!;)

 

47 comments:

Mary Faith said...

your water coloring is beautiful! Sets you apart!

Marie said...

Your tree is simply grand. Great job. Love the splatter leaves

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz your artwork is amazing WOW!! Your card is gorgeous!! Gosh I read your recipe and WOW you sure did come up with lots of clever and creative ideas with Miss Emma's goodies and your inks....What a beautiful scene you created. Golly your card is definitely to be treasure and displayed so Lucky person who gets it....they're in for a real treasure treat.
YOU so ROCK!!

Jackie said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the watercoloring you did to create a seasonal tree.

GlendaLea said...

This is very pretty, this is my Favorite time of year, you nailed it!!
Glenda
slatsinhi@yahoo.com

D- said...

LOVE your GORGEOUS tree. Thanks for sharing your sweet card.
Crafty hugs,
D~
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot
dmcardmaker {at}{AOL}{dot}{COM}

~Tammy~ said...

Very unique and soothing for a sympathy card!

Amy said...

Love Love LOOOOOVE your card! The way you created the tree is so neat and I look forward to trying this technique! Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!
Amy

Bananastamper said...

Beautiful card, fun technique!
Love it!
Shanna
bananastamper@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I LOVE HOW YOU DECIDED TO CREATE YOUR TREE!! It's so cute and creative.
Jlbates1971@gmail.com

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful!!!!!

katieo said...

You created a wind blown effect with your watercoloring. I'll have to experiment with this idea. Have a great day
katieoscreations at gmail dot com

Kim H said...

Liz ~ one word ~ STUNNING! LOVE how CAS this is but yet has a huge impact! LOVE it!!

Lara said...

Cool tree! Love this card!

Denise said...

OMG...Simply and Gorgeous. Beautiful. LOVE IT!

dendearmas@aol.com

Jeri said...

Beautiful sympathy card! They're always so difficult to make. I love the simplicity of this card.
thomasjeri55atyahoodotcom

Teresa Ciarleglio said...

Love your watercoloring!

Sue D said...

Wonderful sympathy card. I like how you added the leaves.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Unknown said...

I LOVE THIS CARD! I swear the splatter looks like a stamp. WOW. Mindy1qc@msn.com

Anonymous said...

Love the way you made the leaves for the tree. What a fun project thanks for sharing.
txmlhl@yahoo.com

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

I LOVE it! Fantastic idea! It's so pretty!
bizarrecreativity@gmail.com

jessica said...

This is so gorgeous Liz! AWESOME day 1 sneak!!!!

Valerie said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you created the leaves to the tree.

Karenladd said...

What a unique effect from the watercolored leaves! This is beautiful!

Brandy said...

WOW! What a beautiful card! Very classy! :)

Lori Hefner said...

Beautiful sympathy card! The splatter leaves are gorgeous!! Love!!

Glora said...

What a pretty card. I love this look, so perfect for autumn! AMAZING! Hugs- Glora
me(at)glorajean(dot)com

Evelyn said...

Fantastic card, love how creative you were with this set it turned out great. tfs
Evelyn
evl14512 at gmail.com

lifesabeach32940 said...

You card is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! I love the water colored leaves!!

Judy
lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

Mimi said...

LOVE the paint/ink splatters for leaves! I saw this card quickly this morning before I headed to work and couldn't wait to get home and see how you did it! Thank you for the inspiration!

cbarwick@comcast.net

lindagk23 said...

Your card is just beautiful! And love how you did the splattering for the leaves! Love! TFS and have a great day!

Jill Rugg said...

What a beautiful card Liz!

jrugg@sctc.net

Crafting Katie said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Liz! Love the technique you used! So creative!

Sherrie K. said...

Your sympathy card is so beautiful Liz! The colors and the way the leaves are placed is perfect. It has a real peaceful feel to it. I really love how this turned out and for me sympathy cards are always so hard:) Nicely done!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, the effect is beautiful. Great job.
Kristi
kidshomelove at yahoo.com

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
hbisesi@comcast.net

Unknown said...

Beautiful card love the water color! Never tried this technique, but I will now . smj1118@hotmail.com

Tina H said...

Such a beautiful card! Love your technique!
Tina H
arielmeow@sbcglobal.net

Nina said...

What a lovely sympathy card - your splatters of watercolor as leaves are stunning.
nslee@comcast.net

An'Jenic G. said...

Wow Liz! I love your card. Such a fabulous card

jeria22@yahoo.com

keysha said...

OMG! Your watercolor tree is gorgeous!!! I love it!

Keyshasain@yahoo.com

Gloria said...

Gorgeous!!!! In love with this card:) Disneynut 4 life 22 at yahoo dot com

marg0006 said...

Great stamping on your cool Fall card.

marg0006 at Verizon dot net

Eva Laney said...

Very creative,what a nice sympathy card. Eva - evascrapslife at gmail dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful job! I love the great leafy splatters...fabulous idea.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so pretty!! I love how you did the splatters! Hugs!!

Brigit Mann said...

Sucha a pretty card!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!