Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Creative Time ~May Stamp Release: "Celebrate Good Times!" & "Tag Dies"

Hello!  Can you believe that we are almost done with this week?  It's just been flying by for me!  I hope you've been enjoying all the FABULOUS projects that my DT mates have been creating with My Creative Time's May Release!  Since this release has a lot of masculine stamps and dies, I wanted to show you that it's not all "manly".  :)  So today I made a card/gift that's very girlie, however you could make it "manly" if you wanted!  :)


It's a bookmark on a card!  I got the idea from a friend that was recently at a stamp party.  Her's was just a small triangle with a monogram, it was so cute.  I realized that I could do something similar by using the tag die!  Also I wanted it to be a card, so I created a small pocket for it.


I cut a tag using the Tag Dies,  folded angles toward the center at the top of the tag.  Added the Build A Banner dies for embellishments.  On the back I glued paper to cover the folded angles.  It slips over the page for a marker.


Recipe:
Teresa Collins and PTI paper
Tim Holtz ink
fine glitter

*** The whole May Release is on sale now!!!  Sale ends on May 18th @ midnight***
This wouldn't be a party w/o GIVEAWAYS!
With all of our SAMPLES/ SNEAKS this week, Emma likes to do some FUN giveaways!
***All you have to do is leave comments on our blogs! You do NOT have to comment on every blog, BUT if you do, you will just have more chances to win!
***SPREAD THE WORD TO THE WORLD ON FACEBOOK about this release & whatever connections you may have! Let us know on "My Creative Time's" FB page here http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/My-Creative-Time/364568506334 that you did so! OR you can just tag me in your post!
Emma will randomly pick & announce all winners on Friday, May 18th during the blog hop @ 12:01am PST in her video! GOOD LUCK!
Log onto to your facebook now & let start spreading word!;)
Not only is My Creative Time having a giveaway, so am I in celebration of my new Boutique! All you have to do is "Like" Liz's Paper Loft Boutique page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lizs-Paper-Loft-Boutique/326107407462206 and share it for an extra entry to win a 20 color pack of Seam Binding Ribbon! I'll pick a winner next Saturday and announce it on Sunday, May 20!

How exciting is that, to have sooo many prizes!!!
You can click here to visit Liz's Paper Loft Boutique! The Boutique has Seam Binding Ribbon, Colored Hemp, Burlap and Colored Burlap, just to name a few items! And don't forget to check out my design teammates at My Creative Time!!!!

Enjoy

45 comments:

Kristi said...

A creative and elegant looking gift and card. Beautiful.
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Laurie said...

Very pretty and such a cute bookmark! ;) Love the pp too, so elegant!!
Laurie
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Buncobuddy said...

I love using "tags" on cards! Thanks!

snappy scrappy said...

Love the pretty card...neat bookmark idea. Lee-Ann :)

Brenda said...

Love anything with a bookmark...this is awesome!

jessica said...

This is so beautiful Liz!! Love the bookmark and loving the paper!!
TFS
jessica
chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com
eschfamily@yahoo.com

Crafting Katie said...

Liz, this is such a clever idea and just beautiful! Love it!!!

Cindy Lovell said...

SO so pretty! I love the soft colors and your idea with the Bookmark! :)

Kim H said...

Liz ~ just GORGEOUS! I LOVE how BEAUTIFUL and subtle the papers are along with the inking! What a CLEVER idea with the bookmark ~ video PLEASE! I have to say I am just LOVING your products! They are beyond FABULOUS to work with!

Migdalia said...

Gorgeous Tags!!!Love the bookmark!TFS
http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com
mrodriguez860@hotmail.com

Glora said...

You are SO clever, a birthday card and a bookmark in one. AWESOME idea. I LOVE the beautiful pastels. Awesome job. Hugs- Glora

mamawcindy said...

Love your Card! I have been wanting to make a bookmark on a card! Thanks for the Inspiration! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com

Cindylop said...

Great idea!!

Cindylop@rocketmail.com

Craft Me This said...

Clever and Beautiful WOW. Received my order yesterday. Thanks. Today I get to play.

craftmethis@gmail.com

scrapaholicjen said...

Beautiful card! Adding the bookmark was a great idea! Thanks for sharing!
qtme2003 at yahoo dot ca

marg0006 said...

Nice card and great idea for a book mark.

marg0006 at verizon dot net

Kate said...

Now that is Gorgeous. Love the use of Hemp. I can't wait to place my first order my friend. PM when you have everything back in stock.

Hugs,
Kate

CathyinMN said...

Very pretty card and bookmark. TFS!

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

Very pretty!! I love that it is a book mark so cool!
Kristan
sierrababy08 at hotmail dot com

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

I love this card so much!! and the way you made the book marks is great!! love the colors!! love it!!

thanks for sharing!

brwneyes46@gmail.com

janner said...

I love the bookmark you made. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
thejanner@xcelco.on.ca

Jeanne said...

I just love your bookmark idea! Love all that pretty hemp twine too! Fabulous job Liz!! I look forward to your last project for the week. All of them so far have been fabulous!!

VICTORIA said...

Love the book mark and the card that goes with it!!!!

Sue D said...

I like how you made a pocket for your cute bookmark.

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

That book marker is an awesome idea. So pretty too.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com
SewSweetNCrafty@gmail.com

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

This looks very elegant. TFS, Smooches... Felicia - frankleecrafts [at] gmail [dot] com

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful card!! Love the book mark. TFS

Sarah said...

Great card. I love that is serves dual purposes. The card to brighten someone's day and the bookmark that can be used. Great job! TFS

Tina said...

So beautiful and a great idea.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Crafty Moni said...

Cute card:) I love the bookmark idea. I think I'm am going to have to try this out.

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hug's!
Monica L.

monita23 at ca dot rr dot com

Karenladd said...

Absolutely loving your girlie card and bookmark! Great idea to make a card with a little gift included on it!

luvtosew said...

Love your bookmark idea. Worthy of scraplifting. Thanks for sharing.

Cathryn said...

I truly love this bookmark Liz!!! I want one, I'll have to learn!!! Beautiful! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Kim's Kreations said...

Great gift idea. I will definitely have to try this. Thank for sharing your creative ides.
Ogdendoll@gmail.com

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh how cute... Oh yes we need a video. I would love to make one of these...but would need a video...the paper is beautiful
Hugs

quilt4fun2 said...

You have a very clever take on the bookmark idea! I like that it is bigger than a triangle and beautiful too. Great idea to put a pocket to hold it on the card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Alvina said...

Wow, I love your projects, thanks for all the ideas.

alvinascreations.blogspot.com

Suzanne said...

Hi Liz!
Oh what a BEAUTIFUL Card! I love the colors...my favorite colors :)
Your projects are always so AMAZING...such a clever idea to make Emma's beautiful tag into a bookmark! Thank you for sharing :)

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS job with your BEAUTIFUL tag Liz!:)

Liz O. said...

What a neat idea to make this project multifunctional, love the marker idea, TFS Liz
Have a wonderful day!
Liz

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful! LOVE your bow!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

missstamper said...

Absolutely beautiful! I especially love the light blue cottage rose pattern on the tag!

missstamper (at) yahoo.com

Cassandra said...

Pretty! I see your cool hemp twine! Hope your new store is doing great :) Hope to place my order soon!!

Maria said...

Lovely bookmark! TFS

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, I love this idea! The colors are awesome and love your bow and sweet tag!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!