Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mini Album ~ Boot Camp!

Hi Paper Lovers!  Happy Wednesday!!! 
Today I have a mini album to share with you that I made for my nephew.  You see last week he finished basic training with the Army!  I couldn't be more proud of him!  My youngest daughter was able to make the trip to Georgia, along with his family to see his graduation.  Maybe this isn't new, but each unit has their own Facebook page, and they would post and tag different soldiers.  So we got to sort of watch his training!  So I just pulled the pictures from Facebook, quickly put this together, and she was able to bring it with her.
It's amazing how with two of My Creative Time Stamp Sets, I was able to complete this in a small amount of time!!!

For the most part I used My Creative Time's newest stamp and die set call "Just Simply Live"!


 
Who would of thought that these sentiments could be used for military pictures!!!




I also used "Happy Homecoming" stamp set.

 
Yep, that's right, he decided to be a lifer!!!


 
recipe:
Me and My Big Ideas
K & Co
 
I have to say it was very liberating to just let go and not worry so much about design and just "smash" it together!!!  And using the newest set from My Creative Time made is simple and fun!!!!
 
I'll be back on Friday with a fun "candy card"!
 
Enjoy!

9 comments:

jessica said...

WOW!! Liz this is awesome! I know your nephew will treasure this always! Gorgeous pages, fab pictures and awesome use of MCT products!!!
TFS and have a GREAT Wednesday!!

Crafting Katie said...

This is AWESOME, Liz! What a keepsake for your nephew! He will treasure this! Perfect use of all of the MCT products!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Wow, WOW and triple WOW! First I teared up that you did this for your nephew! You are not only talented ~ I knew you were ~ but the BEST and most SWEETEST Aunt ever! You did an AMAZING job with this mini! You used the PERFECT stamps and dies from MCT!!! He will not only treasure this forever but YOU!!!!I just LOVE and ADORE this to pieces!!!

Glora said...

WOW! THis turned out TERRIFIC. I bet he LOVES it. This is seriously just perfect! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

THIS IS AMAZING LIZ!!!! OMGosh!!! I am so going to scraplift you! My bestie's son graduated basic training, army, in March. I followed his page on FB too, but there weren't to many photos of him. Really though, it won't matter b/c he knows the people in the photos. :) We have a ton from when he graduated, so I will use some of those too.

Ruthie :)

Shar said...

Wow!!! These photos are fabulous and will be such a treasure!!!!!! your book turned out awesome and your nephew is going to love it forever! :) Well done!!!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

:-) he is going to love this Liz. Hugs

My Creative Time said...

WOW!!! this is AMAZING!!!! You are brilliant my sweet friend! Your nephew is going to cherish this forever!!! LOVE the way you incorporated "Happy Homecoming" set!!! AWESOME job!
Big HUGE hugs,
Emma;)

Cindy Beland said...

WOW AWESOME job with your mini album Liz!It is sooo COOL,your nephew is going to LOVE IT!Have a great weekend my friend!!!:)

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!