Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Home Decor Week Day 3 ~ Hallway Makeover!


Happy Wednesday!  It's already day 3 of my Home Decor Week with EAD Designs!  Today I wanted to share with you my hallway makeover.  I've never like what was going on with my hallway and my pictures.  Sometimes I would have a bunch of pictures, then one of my girls would take one, then I'd add some and so on, and so on.  Can you see the problem?  No rhyme or reason! 

So this is the before, so blah...

This vinyl wall lettering has an overlay, it's applied the same way as what I've been showing you this week.  First find the placement with the first layer (family).
Follow the same step as yesterday's project.  Once you have your first layer, place the top layer with the backing paper to find placement.  Then repeat the same process.




It's hard to see in the picture, but the "family" is in slate and the "a journey of forever.." is in black.  See, I told you I didn't only use black.  hehehe


I took all my pictures and scanned them then turned them to black and white.  You can see that I haven't completely filled the large frame.


I have more pictures to hang and a lot of room to add more.  I love the continuity of black and white!

If you are needing some type of makeover or just a little decoration, go check out all the FABULOUS vinyl EAD Designs have!  Can't find what you're looking for, design it yourself in their custom design section!  There is something for everyone!!!



If you need to see a video on how to apply EAD's wall vinyl you can click HERE!

I'll be back tomorrow with a fun kitchen project and then on Friday with a cupboard/pantry makeover!

Enjoy!

12 comments:

jessica said...

WOW!! Liz this turned out awesome!! What a great saying for your wall and awesome overall LO! Another great idea!!!
TFS and have a GREAT Hump Day!

Crafting Katie said...

That looks AMAZING!!! Can you come over and decorate my house??? You also just gave me a GREAT idea for my classroom!

jen said...

Awesome job! Love it.
Hugs,jen

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Absolutely LOVE this...

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Oh this looks AMAZING!!!! I think it looks so CLASSY! Oh dang ~ Katie booked you first ~ I will be second on your list ~ you have my address ~ right??? Always so CREATIVE and CLASSY!!!! LOVE the family pictures too! Precious memories!!!

Cindy Beland said...

WOW that looks AMAZING Liz!!!:)

lindagk23 said...

Liz this is so beautiful! I love the saying to! Super adorable idea! Thanks for sharing!
lindagk23

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome job on this Liz!!! I wish you could come do my hallway:) This is beautiful!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cassandra said...

Another great idea! You're gonna wind up in a home decor magazine if you keep this up :)

Rose said...

liz you are rock'n the vinyl and home make over :)

Christine's Creative Cards said...

Been enjoying your week of posts. TFS --C

Got2BCrafting said...

This looks fabulous!!! Our hallway is FULL of pictures with mismatched frames and has no continuity at all. (although I still love looking at the pictures!) The black and white is so clean and classy, I really love it!
Hugs,
Lori

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!