Monday, August 11, 2014

MCT Made In Minutes ~ butterfly!


Good morning and happy Monday!  Today is Made in Minutes over at My Creative Time!  So you want to know what Made in Minutes means.  I think it means, being able to create something is a short amount of time.  Well that's exactly what I was able to do today.  I was able to make all four of these cards in about 10 minutes.

I made 4 small cards for a gift set, however you could use the same concept to create a A2 size card.

Since this is a one layer card I cut my card base to the size I wanted.  Then I used a regular die, running it through my Big Shot with the rubber layer to create an embossed image.  I then cut the same image out of scrap paper and placed it over the embossed image using repositionable adhesive to secure it.  Then I used the water brush stamp, to stamp over the scrap die cut.  When I removed the scrap die cut, I was left with the embossed image over the water brush stamp image.  I hope this makes sense, if not let me know and I'll do a tutorial later.


It felt a bit plain to me so I decided to add a sequin and stickles...you know I need some type of bling!


recipe:
My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Stampin' Up ink
sequin
stickles
corner chomper


9 comments:

jessica said...

These are beautiful Liz!!! AWESOME cards!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous Liz!!

Crafting Katie said...

FABULOUS!!! The water brush stamp gong across is just brilliant!

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz your card is gorgeous!!
I just love how you used your die to emboss WOW and girl since you offered I would so love a video as to how you did this. I am in awe of your card. It's not only gorgeous but precious and so beautiful too.
love your water color touch.
Just one outstanding clever and creative job!! You are just so gosh darn talented. YOU ROCK!!

Elaine C said...

These cards are beautiful! Great idea for a gift set!

Nancy said...

Beautiful Liz. Simple, clean and still lovely.

Brenda Wooten Porter said...

just beautiful!! love these!

cm said...

Absolutely swoon-inducing stunning!
~c

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Oh my I ADORE these! So CAS, So PERFECT and so GORGEOUS all wrapped up in one!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!