Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Creative Time 3-D Wednesday!

Hello Everyone and welcome to My Creaive Time's first 3-D Wednesday of the new year!  It seems like forever since we've posted one!  I'm so EXCITED to be back after a long break!!!  Just to refresh your memory 3-D Wednesday is about showcasing anything but a card or a layout, so hopefully you will be inspired by something you see from the Design Team!

For today's project I made a frame that will hold two pictures out of dollar bin coasters.  I used My Creative Time's 100% Sweetness stamp set...one of my favorites!  I love it because it's not just for Valentine's Day! 

I guess it could hold three pictures, if you wanted!  :)


Once you have covered the coasters, evenly space your holes for the twine to connect them.

love those flowers! :)

recipe:
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
flower cut at 2.83 x2.73
Sophisticated Cricut Cartridge
lock cut at 1.36 x 2.14
keys cut at 1.06 x 2.14 each
My Minds Eye ~ Union Square
coasters, ribbon,  glitter, ink, pearl, twine


If you just popped in to see me, make sure that you head over to Emma's, she has all the Design Team projects there!  I can't wait to see what they've made myself!  We have one CREATIVE TEAM!!!

Enjoy!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful and creative! I love the crinkled ribbon and glittered key. {hugs!}

Unknown said...

That's a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Those would be easy to pop in the mail to grandparents instead of a traditional Valentine's Day card.

Carolyn said...

What a great Idea, using coasters. Very nice design.

Crafting Katie said...

Absolutely beautiful! The glittered keys and keyhole are so pretty, and I love that flower as well!

Jeanne said...

What a beautiful and fabulous idea! I love using coasters for banner type projects. I never thought of putting pictures on them! Fabulous job! :)

Cathryn said...

Beautiful Liz. Fabulous design and colors! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

bonnie said...

So romantic and pretty...love the vintage colours...sweet! ;) Hugs x

Glora said...

So pretty and absolutely perfect! I love the Eiffel Tower paper. I will have to look for that one! Hugs- Glora

Kate said...

This is just Gorgeous. Love it.

Hugs,
Kate

Leanne said...

This is GORGEOUS Liz! I love the paper and I want the Art Philosophy cartridge soooo bad!! Hugs, Leanne

Cassandra said...

Wow...this is beautiful! Love the colors and all the details. So pretty :)

hugs
Cassandra

Unknown said...

Wonderful! It's very dreamy & romantic! I love the vintage key:)

Esther said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!

Unknown said...

Wow absolutely amamzing and spectacular!!!! Love the vintage and the design!!!!Wow what a wonderful creation!!!!!

Carol W. said...

Beautiful project! TFS

Got2BCrafting said...

Oh this is just beautiful Liz! I love how you used the twine to connect the pages.. and that flower is gorgeous!! :)
Hugs,
Lori

quilt4fun2 said...

What a beautiful frame idea. It is a great job. Love it!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy Lovell said...

Very pretty frame,Liz! GREAT idea! Love the papers!! :)

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, what an insiring project Liz! Your frame idea is just awesome and I can't wait to make one! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Wendy (aka Roo) said...

This is absolutely Beautiful!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!