Thursday, March 12, 2015

MCT Trending Now "Color Pop" ~ happy birthday!



Happy Thursday my crafty friends! 
 It's "Trending Now" over at My Creative Time today and we are showcasing "color pop" projects.  
For my project I created a card for a friend of mine, I'm hoping she isn't looking at my blog today :)


To create this card, I first stamped the script, then the flower all with the same color ink.  Then I "dry" water colored the petals of the flower and leaves.  What I mean by "dry" is I kept my brush not dripping wet, even though the color is diluted.  I did this so card base didn't get over saturated and warp.  If it got too wet, I blotted it with a paper towel.  Once it was dry, I softly went over the script to smudge it up a bit.  Then again once dry I added wink of stella to the petals and glossy accents to the center.  The wink of stella is showing up much stronger in the pictures then it is in person.

For "happy" I die cut it twice then added glossy accents.  Once the whole card was dry I added the POPS of Color...the pretty butterflies!


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Cardstock and Vellum
Wink of Stella Shimmer
Glossy Accents
Rhinestones



7 comments:

katieo said...

Popping butterflies. I love the blue color against the kraft stock.

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz your card is so Stunning and gorgeous WOW!! Love the colors and all of your super clever & creative ideas you really outdid yourself love your pop of color that turquoise is so pretty. Your friend is going to love it and even if she does see it on your blog as beautiful as it is here it'll be 1000 times more beautiful in person what a lucky gal to have a Miss Liz original one of a kind creation!!
YOU so ROCK!!

quilt4fun2 said...

I really like this pop of color technique and love the shimmer, gloss and gem sparkle you used. Beautiful job on your card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

quilt4fun2 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherrie K. said...

Wow Liz, this is so pretty! The butterflies are do pretty and love the color you went with! Great design!
Sherrie k

jessica said...

What a gorgeous card Liz! LOVE the pop of color!

Brigit Mann said...

This is so pretty, love those pop of color butterflies!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!