Tuesday, March 10, 2015

MCT Tag It Tuesday ~ hello!



Hello!  How's your week goin' so far?  Mine?  Just wonderful!  Today over at My Creative Time it's Tag It Tueday, and I wanted to try something a bit different...a tag on vellum.  In all the years of papercrafting I don't think I've created something where the base was vellum.  I could be totally wrong though :)

This won't work with all vellum, since most are too flimsy.  I used Papertrey Ink's vellum, it's super strong, yet still sheer.  I LOVE using it!


Being in California I know we haven't had that hard of a winter...in fact we are in our 2nd or 3rd year of a drought.  Water is always a big issue here, so they always cry "DROUGHT" even when it's just below the norm :/  However, I'm still looking forward to a true spring (we did have a warm weekend) so I came up with this fun tag.

On the white background square, I stamped a mix of "script" and "splats".  For the tree after stamping and putting it all together I thought it was lacking something...so out came the wink of stella shimmer.  Some type of sparkle always seems to finish it up for me. :)

On the green "doily"  I used the scallop circle die then hole punched the scallops.


My Creative Time
Tag Dies ~ tag
Whimsical Trees ~ tree stamp

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock and Vellum
Scraps
Ribbon
Baker's Twine
Rhinestone
Wink Of Stella Shimmer



Look what's coming up next week!!!!  

Be sure to check out what my DT sisters created over at 

8 comments:

Cindy Lovell said...

Oh Liz,this is one beautiful Tag! WOW! I love the vellum and pink and green,the splatters,the tree...everything!

Joan Smith said...

Your tag is so beautiful gosh it's amazing how you took a tag and with your artistic magic and clever creative ways turned it into Tag Art. I love it and the ways you used Miss Emma's goodies. YOU so ROCK!!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Gorgeous tag Liz! I love how you added the small leaf to the tree so cute!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty, LOVE it!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ GORGEOUS! The colors, the design, the details and oh my the ribbon!! LOVE that color!! BEAUTIFULLY done!

quilt4fun2 said...

The vellum is a cool sheer backdrop for your sweet hint of spring tree with the one leafy branch. Love the spatters and wink sparkle. Great job
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Your tag is awesome!!! I love the mix of colors..pink/green some of my favorites! The tree is so pretty and how creative to use the vellum for the tag!
Sherrie K

Brigit Mann said...

Beautiful tag and gorgeous photo!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!