Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thrifty Thursday ~ Congrats Card and more!

 
Hello paper peeps and happy Thursday!  I'm very excited to share with you a new segment for My Creative Time...Thrifty Thursday!  On the days that's not a Designer Challenge, Emma will be rotating different themes for the off Thursday's.  So what does Thrifty Thursday mean?  Glad you asked!  We have to make a card or a layout using only scraps.  Of course the base for either doesn't have to be.

 
This is what I started with.  When ever I cut something and the paper isn't quite right for the project I'm working on, I never throw them away.  So you can see the heart is already cut from another project.
 
 
And here is the finished card...I don't think it looks like a card of scraps!  Do you?



 
Look how much I have left over still!  I think I feel another card coming on!  lol!
 
 
Recipe:
 
My Creative Time
 
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique
Seam Binding Ribbon
 
Extras
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder ~ Teresa Collins
Teresa Collins  vintage finds paper pad
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Tim Holtz ~ ink
 
I have one more card to share with you...I finally had time to join the challenge at Peachy Keen!
THE CHALLENGE Create a card using Hearts!
 
 

 
recipe:
Don Juan Cricut Cartridge
envelope cut at 5.57 x 2.79
 
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique
 

 
My Creative Time
 
Extras
Glossy Accents
Ink
Chalk
White Pen
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
copic marker
 
I have recently cut back on the amount of Design Teams I'm on.  I have really enjoyed being on all the different teams and getting to know really great people!  However I'm super excited to be able to devote myself to My Creative Time and my own Boutique!  And with my new found freedom, I plan on playing in different challenges and doing some redecorating at home!  Yes, I will be sharing these projects with you too.  So if you have just recently became a follower, I hope you aren't disappointed that I won't only have paper projects. 
 
Enjoy!
 

15 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Oh gosh your Thrifty Thursday card is gorgeous I love how you showed your pile of scraps then your card it's hard 2 believe the gorgeous card that came from the pile...WOW you are so talented and...
you PK card is so stinkin' cute I love the faces on your hearts made me want to hug your card...oh well what can I say you just create the most awesome things.

Crafting Katie said...

Awesome cards, Liz! The thrifty one is so pretty! I love how the seam binding looks like a flower! And your PK one is too cute with those adorable hearts coming out of the envelope! Love!!!

jessica said...

Gorgeous card Liz!!! I LOVE that paper and the whole design is awesome!!!! Another stunner for sure!!!
And that PK card.....so so so adorable!!! LOVE the cute faces you used and the awesome card LO!!!
Awesome job my friend!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT day!!

Cathryn said...

OMG Liz what you can do with a bunch of little papers! Stunning sweet lady! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

CherylB said...

Beautiful cards....and, NO...they sure don't look like left overs! No way, no how! Great job, Liz. These are beautiful!

Lezlye said...

Gorgeous Card Liz and the one for PKS is adorable too!

snappy scrappy said...

Gorgeous...the first card is so pretty...the second is too cute! Lee-Ann :)

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Umm no TOTALLY doesn't look like this card was made of scraps its GORGEOUS! UGH! Well I remember this color & pattern paper on one of you other projects and TOTALLY fell in LOVE with then and now this one!! AWESOME job using your scraps!
Okay the PKS is ADORABLE!! LOVE the colors and papers! how CUTE to add the faces to the hearts escaping out of the envelope! LOVE it!
YEAH for you to have more time!! I TOTALLY can't wait to see what else you will be up too! Plus I LVOE your boutique!! Wink ~ wink!!

katieo said...

Great way to use up scraps. I love your expressive heart card

quilt4fun2 said...

Both cards are wonderful...good luck with the challenge! I don't think your Thrifty Thursday card looks like scraps. The inking is very nice. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

krcmasterpiece said...

I love your scrap card! I frequently do that. Usually love the results.

Sherrie K. said...

Ooooh Liz, your projects are SO inspiring! I can't believe your first card was with scraps....so pretty! The second card is adorable with all those fun hearts coming out of that envelope! So fun and creative!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

WOW Liz,both cards are GORGEOUS!I LOVE all the great layers and details,AMAZING!!!!Have a SUPER weekend my friend!!!:)

Sukie said...

Both of your cards are so beautiful! I love all of the fun details and papers you added!

My Creative Time said...

Both of your cards are GORGEOUS my sweet friend!!!!!! GREAT JOB!
Big hugs,
Emma:)

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!