Thursday, January 10, 2013

More Chalk Board Art ~ Card!

Hi all, happy Thursday!  I thought this week I would finally be able to get back in the routine and post at least three days a week.  However, life is still a bit crazy from the holidays and my daughter leaving for college.  Yesterday I forced  myself to take time to craft.  I'm so glad I did...it just makes me happy!



I'm so addicted to chalkboards!  I thought this was a new obsession, but then I realized that I've always loved them.  When "country" decor was so popular, I had tons of them!  


Don't you love how you can mix and match My Creative Time Stamps and Dies with Cricut cuts!


For the felt heart, I used the center heart of the new My Creative Time Scallop Stitched Heart Die.  For the buttons, I doubled them up and added thin turquoise hemp.


Did some zigzag sewing, added some cream jute and a Cricut cut heart boarder!  I love how everything came together!  Here's a video showing how to achieve the "chalkboard" look from another project.

 
recipe:
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique
Thin Hemp Turquoise
1" Cream Jute
Seam Binding Ribbon
Teresa Collins ~ Now & Then 6x6 paper pad and Decorative Buttons
My Creative Time
XL Label Die
Stitched XL Label Die
Whimsical Calendar Days Stamp Set
Scallop Stitched Heart Die
Sophisticated Cricut Cartridge
heart boarder ~cut size, 3 welded together with the total size being 5.54 x .58

Extras
 PTI cardstock
PTI felt
Versamark
Hero Arts white pigment ink
white embossing powder

Enjoy!




10 comments:

~amy~ said...

super love this Liz!

Crafting Katie said...

I'm in love with this card, Liz! The chalkboard really pops against those colors, and each of your elements is perfect! Love the button layered on the clock, and the stitching is awesome!

snappy scrappy said...

So fabulous...love your stuff!! Lee-Ann :)

Shelly said...

Oh my gosh Liz - I LOVE this card! The colors are fantastic and I LOVE chalkboards too - have one in my kitchen and write dinner on it every night :) the kids erase random letters in the words and sometimes what's left on the chalkboard doesn't sound so appetizing :) Boys!!
Have A great DAY!
Shelly

Kim H said...

Liz ~ EEK!!! This is so GORGEOUS!!! LOVE, LOVE the non traditonal colors for Valentines day with the hint of red! Oh and the chalkboard thing ~ Oh LOVED it the first time you did it and LOVE it this time too! BEAUTIFUL embellies too! Always so elegant!! I totally get it about a routine! Hope we all find our balance soon!!!

Rose said...

LOVE this Liz :) so glad you got some crafty time in

Sherrie K. said...

oooooh, I LOVE Liz!! How cool and the effect is so fun! Thanks so much for the video:) I have to give this a shot! Thanks for sharing:) Beautiful project!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Liz,

I love it!!! :) Which Cricut cartridge is that cute heart border from?!

Thanks so much for taking the time to share!

Crafty hugs,

Jennifer
partridgelu at yahoo dot com

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT job Liz,your card is FANTASTIC!I LOVE the chalkboard look,Sooo COOL my friend!Have a great weekend!!!:)

Joan Smith said...

Gosh I love your chalkborad look I'm so fascinated by this idea and yours turned out spectacular you are so creative and talented so girl thanks for always taking the time to share all that you do I know it takes a lot of time and hard work but you do it so well.

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!