Monday, January 28, 2013

Snow Much Fun ~ Layout!

Hi Everyone, happy Monday!  Welcome to My Creative Time's Scrapping the Little Things!  Each Monday, some of us on the design team will be showing you different layouts using Project Life style or Smash Books layouts.
 
 
Even though I wasn't on today's schedule, I couldn't help but join in!  It feels so good to get pages completed!  I have decided to use Echo Parks Photo Freedom protectors!  I really love them!
I used My Creative Time "Cherish This Moment" stamp set for the journaling lines and the "stinkin' cute" stamp!

The wonderful thing about this style of scrapping is that you can whip through your pages so fast!  I found these old pictures from 1996!  I had already scraped them for both of my girl's albums, so when I opened the envelope I saw that I had already cropped some of them into ovals.  At first I was kind of bummed, but then I realized that I could still use them.  Ideally I wouldn't have the pictures that way, but I didn't want to throw them away either!

For the little plum snowflakes I used "It's a Magical Season" stamp set.  Then for "January" and the "year" I used "Whimsical Calender" and "Just Simply Live"!

I added a bit of stickles, thin hemp and sparkly buttons for glitz!  And lastly I'm lovin' that I can still use my Cricut with this style.  Did you know that you can mix and match the protectors?  What that means is, that you can still do traditional scrapping, since Echo Park offers different style of pockets, including a full 12x12! 

 
recipe:
Winter Frolic Cricut Cartridge
snow much fun cut at 5.36 x 3.04
shadow cut at 5.51 x 3.04
n & w cut at 2.49 x 3.04
 
My Creative Time
 
Liz's Paper Loft Boutique
 
Extras
Echo Park ~ Winter Wishes paper pad
Echo Park ~ Photo Freedom page protectors
 
 
Be sure to stop by My Creative Time to see what my DT sisters did today!!!
 
Enjoy!
 

13 comments:

Joan Smith said...

WOW Love...LOVE your LO what a great photographer you are and I think the oval photo are perfect and adds extra interest to your page. You and yours sure have allot of fun. I love everything you chose to put it all together. Liz You are just so talented it blows my mind. Just everything you do is spectacular I am so glad you take the time to share. Lucky me Lucky us!!!!!

Crafting Katie said...

Adorable PL pages, Liz! Okay, first I have to say how much I love your pics, and you haven't changed a bit since 1996! Perfect elements, and I'm diggin' your old school ovals!

CherylB said...

Very nice, Liz! Looks like you had a lot of fun! I didn't think about just getting the 12x12 pockets and just making you layout look like it's all those little pockets. Well, I have a bunch to use up before getting new. I like that you did mostly pics. I've seen some with all "fillers" and I like seeing the pics best. Great job!

snappy scrappy said...

Fabulous LO!! Lee-Ann :)

Cindy Beland said...

This looks FANTASTIC Liz!BEAUTIFUL job your layout,all the pics are great,Have a SUPER day my friend!!!:)

Cathryn said...

Beautiful as always Liz!!! What a fabulous day! I can't believe 1996 was really so long ago, feels like yesterday!!! I didn't know Echo Park had a line like this, thanks for the info!! Love and Hugs, Cathryn :)

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

Love you PL page! Im glad you joined us! Its a great way to get you pages done! Great job! hugs

quilt4fun2 said...

I really like the look of the cropped pictures as a collage letting pattern paper show more. The Snow Much Fun is so pretty. Great job on your pages.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Brenda said...

I love this Liz! I am glad that you didn't throw away the ovaled pics, and instead used them. It looks great and I am loving these protectors! I need to check into getting some of them!!

Christine's Creative Cards said...

Your LO is fantantic. I love finding old photos that I had forgot about..it's like Christmas LOL TFS --C

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Oh my not only did you do one page but two pages!!! I think these are simply incredible!!! How CLEVER of you not to throw away the oval pictures ~ I LOVE that idea! Your hand writing is just beautiful too!! Of course all the MCT and Boutique products are simply FABULOUS but look at those CUTIES!! They are so young and ADORBS and now turned into beautiful young ladies!!

Lezlye said...

Great job Liz! I am thinking of starting this type of scrapbook too! I may just have to jump in!

My Creative Time said...

Your pages are AWESOME! They are so much FUN! Great job my friend!
Big hugs!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!