Monday, January 21, 2013

Christmas Joy ~ Scrapping The Little Things!

Hi paper lovers, happy Monday!  Welcome to My Creative Time's Scrapping the Little Things!  
I hope you enjoyed your weekend, I had a great one!  Went out to dinner with friends and scrapped my very first "Project Life" style layout!  I used a different brand that was available at Michael's to see if I would even like it.  I'm really happy with my first layout.  I had a bit of trouble with it at first...I think I was over thinking it.


We went to Disneyland the week of Thanksgiving with 5 families!  The picture of us on the Tower of Terror has 12 of us in it!  It was a great trip, it's been a while that all four of us have been on vacation together!  
I still need to add some journaling, I think once I do that, my page will come alive!


I cut 3 banners from "Vintage Label Dies" then stamped them with "Have Fun in the Sun" stamp set.

Curled up the banner then added a rhinestone to one side.  After I added the pictures, I attached the banner to the outside of the protector.

 I love that I can still use my cricut for this type of scrapbooking!  I cut two labels and the "joy" with it.  Did some dry embossing on the red background and the "joy"!  Then again added a button with hemp on the outside.  Love it!!!

I think I could get into this type of scrapbooking!  I like that you can also get 12x12 protectors, so you could mix and match traditional and quick and easy together!  

recipe:
My Creative Time

Liz's Paper Loft Boutique

Cricut
Sophisticated  Cricut Cartridge
labels cut at 3.64 x 3.47
December 25
joy cut at 3.03 x 2.37

Extras
MME paper
SU paper
stickles
Cuttlebug damask Embossing Folder
Sizzix music Embossing Folder
We Are Memory Keepers Protectors

Enjoy!

15 comments:

jessica said...

This is gorgeous Liz! LOVE the fun photo's and GREAT stamps and dies!
TFS and have a GREAT Monday!

Cathryn said...

What a wonderful creation this is Liz, I love it!!! You guys must have had a great time all together on this trip!!! Love and Hugs ,Cathryn :)

Crafting Katie said...

It turned out awesome, Liz! Isn't this fun? I love the look of the elements on the outside. Such pretty colors too!

snappy scrappy said...

Fab LO!!!Gotta love Disney!! Lee-Ann :)

Court said...

LOVE this layout!!! I just went on the Tower of Terror for the first time when we were at CHA and I LOVED it! So much fun! That blue hemp is just scrumptious! I need to go pick some up in every color! Love being on the My Creative TIme DT with you! :)

Cindy Beland said...

FANTASTIC job Liz with your AWESOME Project Life layout!all the details are just perfect my friend!!!:)

Cassandra said...

Your layout is perfect!! But of course how can you go wrong with photos from the BEST PLACE ON EARTH!!! :) Great job!

Sherrie K. said...

Your layout is beautiful Liz! I love all your fun embellishments and details:) Wow, your trip sounds like a lot of fun!
Happy Monday!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Kim H said...

Oh LIz ~ this is just AMAZING!! I LOVE all the details!!! WOW! I TOTALLY agree about still using you Cricut! I ADORE the "joy"! Looks like you ALL have a fabulous time too! GREAT photots and how fun to go with that many families too! Wonederful memories too!

quilt4fun2 said...

What a great trip! So fun to do a beautiful page to remember it by. Fun to see the way you did the banners and button plus able to use the Cricut! Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Joan Smith said...

WOW Liz your LO's are are awesome you sure know how to put it all together perfectly and Love how you used so many different things from everywhere it is so gosh darn awesome you sure are talented in so many areas I always can't wait 2 C what you create.

CherylB said...

What a great layout Liz! I love all the elements. I love how you curled the little banners. And really love the "joy" element. Beautiful!

Scrapping Out Of Control said...

I love this Liz!!!! Great job as always! I just love the colors you used! 5 families! thats crazy! lol..hugs

Shar said...

I love this! What a fun page and beautiful family. :) Great job always!

My Creative Time said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!
HUGS,
EMMA;)

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!