Friday, August 27, 2010

Erin Lee Creative Halloween Challenge "Coffin Candy Dish"

Hello!

So glad it's friday and that tomorrow is SATURDAY!!!!  The last three weeks have been so busy for me, that I can finally breath!  Tomorrow about 10 of us are going white water rafting, in 2 man rafts!  Needless to say, I some what scared, yet excited at the same time!  Of course being the scrapbooker that I am, I bought a water proof camera for each raft, to capture all the excitement!  Hopefully I won't be frozen like a statue and I'll be able to take pictures. 

Ok, enough about me and my happenings...on to the challenge.  Erin at Erin Lee Creative is having a Halloween challenge, it can be a  card, layout or project.  Well I went for the project...a candy dish.  I  usually don't say this but the pictures don't do it justice...it's so much cuter in person.  I didn't have good lighting this morning!  :(




Recipe:
Cricut Cartridge: Happy Hauntings (one of my gifts from PC!)
Paper: Bazzill, Theresa Collins, Metallic
Punches: Stampin Up, EK Success
rhinestones
and of course candy!
coffin cut 11 1/2 "
gate and layer cut 3"
tombstone and layer cut 5" (one is flipped for the back)

I thought the "M.T. Tomb" was perfect for a candy dish, since it would soon be empty!

Have a creative day and weekend!








14 comments:

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

That is the awesomest thing ever! I saw that cartridge and told myself I didn't need it but...........Too cute!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

WOW...Of course I LOVE it! What a CREEPY project! I am going to go check it out. Problem is I have more ideas than time right now. Choas is keeping me busy!

Celeste B. said...

It's perfect! What a great idea!!!! The only problem is that the cart is on my wish list and now I need to pop it to the top of the list. :) Such a great job, TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

What a creepy (and ADORABLE) project! LOL! I love how it turned out! TFS!

erin lee creative said...

WOW Liz! You are QUEEN of decor projects with the Cricut, seriously! This is awesome. Thanks for joining the challenge missy!

Glora said...

WOW, talk about ADORABLE!!! I love it!

Marlene said...

Wow! This is such a FUN project! LOVE IT!

Beebeebabs said...

Sooo cute tfs!!!

Banner Market said...

Liz! This is amazing! seriously! so spooky and adorable! I love how it turned out and the papers you used are perfect! Im going to have to try this out, I just recieved this cart in the mail yesterday. Im going to have to get busy, im just trying to figure out how to arrange my craft room so it will come together and hang some goodies up on the wall, and still I have to rumage through the boxes and find my cricut, I emptied 3 today and Im sure the next one I will find my cricut baby, lol
Have a blast this weekend and be safe, Im sure it will be terrific!

Joanna said...

This looks soo cool! I want some of that candy! LOL ;p

Got2BCrafting said...

Oh I just love it! I got this cartridge last week, but haven't had time to play with it yet. I think this may be one of the 1st projects I do tho! TFS
Lori
http://got2bcrafting.blogspot.com/

GiGi said...

This is such a great idea! And cute too!

MamaFin (Laura) said...

This is SOOO Cute! Great job! PS - Love your blog background... (I have the same one... LOL!)

Deanne Gutierrez said...

Ok Liz, I must be going crazy - I have studied your picture of this coffin and can't figure out how you made the light gray layer that goes over the sides? I have made the cuts with all the layers, etc and cannot figure it out. How did you do it? I am trying to create this and it is driving me crazzzzzzzzzzzzyy!! Thanks!
Deanne G
dgutierez1@msn.com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!