Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Guest Designer: Trell!

Hello crafty friends, Trell here from Polka Dots, Paint, and Cake Batter! Today I am guest designing for my wonderful design team sister, Liz. I have a super simple card to show you all using the latest My Creative Time Release and patterned paper from Crate Paper.

I was helping a friend of mine make some invitations for a dinner that we’re attending and she was kind enough to give me some of the patterned paper that she bought to make them. The beautiful floral paper is from the Crate Paper Restoration Collection. The labels are Spellbinders Label Three – one of my absolute faves. My sentiment is from the new Floral Sentiments (Backordered, but will be back in stock on April 27th!) set from My Creative Time. I used Versamark to stamp it and I embossed it with white Zing embossing powder from American Crafts.

I am not a big embellisher – I don’t own a much to be honest, but I used some mulberry roses in coordinating colors and added a little bit of Stickles to help them stand apart from the patterned paper. I used some cream twill from Michael’s to tie a simple bow and I added a button and some blue twine from The Twinery as well. To finish it off, I took some white and pink Studio G pigment ink and swiped it around some of the various card elements. Easy peasy! That’s it for me, but . . .

Liz has some exciting news to share with you, but not quite yet. However, in the meantime, while she's recovering, she is reading every comment! Not only is she reading them, she's counting them, because at the end of all this, she will have two announcements! The first will be a winner of some exciting BLOG CANDY! The second, it's a big one...and no, she's not coming out with stamps...you just have to wait and see!

I know I want to know what she has in store! Again, thanks for coming by, and always, I wish you a very blessed day!

Wow Trell!  Your card is simply BEAUTIFUL!  Thank you so much for stepping in for me and sharing your talent with us!

Enjoy!

25 comments:

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

So pretty!! I love the spring colors and the embellishments!!
Kristan

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is so pretty! Love the papers and colors together - and the window!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Crafting Katie said...

Beautiful card, Trell! I love the pretty colors, and that window is awesome!

Kim H said...

Tell ~ OMG this is just so BEAUTIFUL! The papers are so birght and cheerful! What a great idea for the window too! LOE the bow, of course, it is just perfect! BEAUTIFUL job sweet friend!

kim.scrapper said...

Very cute card, I really like that Spellbinder die and will have to add to my wish list, tfs

Sue D said...

Lovely card--I like the paper and the sentiment banner.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Regina said...

Love the card. It is nice to have friends that share with you. The paper is very pretty and love the Spellbinder die. Regina

Glora said...

So pretty! I love that inking and the banner too! Great papers as well! Hugs- Glora

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a beautiful card, I love the window and how you have arranged your sentiment across it. And the paper is beautiful

Carol W. said...

Beautiful card Trell love the design! TFS

Melissa said...

This is a gorgeous card, Trell is so creative!

Shelly said...

What a gorgeous card! Beautiful colors!
Hope you are well Liz:)
Have a Nice day
Shelly

Karenladd said...

Wow, that paper is fabulous!! It makes for a glorious card!

katieo said...

Pretty card. I love the white ink on the banner

Josie0602 said...

Great card Trell!!

Rose said...

this is beautiful and i love the window :)

Sherrie K. said...

What a beautiful card...love the papers and the window!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Rosie said...

Great job trell awesome card

Rosiemini@gmail.com
Www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Claire Spielman said...

Sooooo pretty, love the side accent ribbon!
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

Trell, your card is super pretty. I have some of the same paper you used left in my stash and I'm gonna put it to good use. TFS.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

Miranda said...

Very pretty! Love the paper!
Miranda :)
www.nanasscrapspot.com

Sukie said...

Beautiful card! Your card is perfect as it is and no extra embellishments are needed!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job on your card...the paper is so pretty too.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

yanmaneee said...

lebron james shoes
nike air max 2017
cheap mlb jerseys
golden goose
nike epic react
off white clothing
nike kd 11
supreme clothing
moncler outlet
hermes bags

Unknown said...

index Ysl replica i thought about this replica bags click here for more info best replica designer bags

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!