Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Guest Designer: Heather!

Hi there! Heather here from Houses Built of Cards. So happy to be over here guest designing for Liz while she continues to recover! Wishing her all the best - and can't wait to see her creations again! In the meantime, since it is suddenly getting very close to Mother's Day (how did that happen so quickly?!?!?!) I decided to make a Mother's Day Card! I kept it pretty simple:
To start off, I used a Spellbinder's Nestabilities, but instead of cutting it, I used a couple of tiny pieces of tape to attach it to my card front, then just ran it through my Cuttlebug with the embossing pads. So instead of cutting, it just got a little deeper emboss on that line. I thought it had a cool framing effect.
I then used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out a Silhouette - there are also several choices for those on the Cricut that I could have used. Attached that to the card, along with a sentiment from My Creative Time Stamps - the very first set I purchased, "Mom You Rock."  
Finished off with some Crinkle Ribbon in a matching red, and a couple of stick on red gems that I got from Michael's recently.
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

Liz has some exciting news to share with you, but not quite yet. However, in the meantime, while she's recovering, she is reading every comment! Not only is she reading them, she's counting them, because at the end of all this, she will have two announcements! The first will be a winner of some exciting BLOG CANDY! The second, it's a big one...and no, she's not coming out with stamps...you just have to wait and see!

Wow Heather!  THANK YOU so much for stepping in for me while I continue to recover!  Also thank you to all of you, that have been praying for my quick recovey!  My rotator cuff is repaired, however the exercises are pure torture..but I'm getting better everyday!  And I can't wait to get back to crafting!!!!

Enjoy!

13 comments:

Tracy said...

Great card! I love how you embossed with the Spellbinders!

Sue D said...

Wonderful card for Mother's Day. I like the silhouette and the embossed frame.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Rose said...

heather this is so pretty!! love how you embossed the frame!! :)

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

So pretty!! I love the white with the pop of red!!
Kristan

quilt4fun2 said...

What a beautiful card! Your ribbon is perfect. I am glad you are doing better Liz...hang in there!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

bonnie said...

Super cute card Heather....thinking of you lots Liz...hope to see you back soon...BIG {{{HUGS}}} X

jessica said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love the CAS look!
Thanks for sharing and hope your doing good Liz!!
Have a GREAT day!

Regina said...

Great idea with the embossing. I am going to give that one a try today. Love your colors. Regina

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a lovely card, I love the red on white... Liz I hope you are feeling better.. (I am thinking I know what your big surprise is... If I am right, I am so happy for u) hugs

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful card and I really like the embossing around the silhouette. Very pretty!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Liz, hope your doing well...:)

Karenladd said...

Wow, you just reminded me of how close Mothers Day is! What a wonderful, simple card that packs a big dose of love!

Kim H said...

Heather ~ Oh how beautiful is this card! I LOVE what you did with nestie! What a CLEVER idea! I am so going to have to try this! I like how you are on top of Mother's Day cards!

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

Awesome a quick cute card.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!