Friday, April 20, 2012

My Guest Designer: Lori!

Hi everyone, this is Lori with got2bcrafting.  I am beyond excited to be guest designing for Liz today, it is a true honor.  I had the pleasure of meeting Liz last year, and she is just the sweetest!!  I have been a big fan of hers for quite some time, and I can't wait until she is fully recovered and back to crafting!  I miss seeing her amazing work, as I am sure you are as well.  :) For today's project, I created a frame that I will be giving my mother on Mother's Day.  This is the first altered frame that I have attempted, and I can't believe how easy it was.  I am definitely going to be making more!  The best part is, the frame only cost $1 at Michaels... gotta love it!
All of the paper and the white floral rub on is from my stash of old Stampin Up products. The flowers were created using the Cricut CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge and the greenery is from Prima. I used the Cricut Lyrical Letters cartridge for the font, which was cut out using vinyl. The polka dot strip is punched with an SU punch and I added a little ribbon and pearls ...and viola, it was done.  Now I just need my girls to cooperate and take a  nice picture to put in grandma's frame... wish me luck!!

Liz has some exciting news to share with you, but not quite yet. However, in the meantime, while she's recovering, she is reading every comment! Not only is she reading them, she's counting them, because at the end of all this, she will have two announcements! The first will be a winner of some exciting BLOG CANDY! The second, it's a big one...and no, she's not coming out with stamps...you just have to wait and see!

Oh my goodness Lori!  Your frame is absolutely beautiful! With Mother's Day just around the corner, this is the perfect gift for any grandmother!  Update on my recovery...I should be back crafting for you on April 30th!  Oh! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Enjoy!

21 comments:

Rose said...

Lori this is a beautiful frame!!!

Liz, i hope your back soon, miss your craftyness :)

Suzanne said...

Hi Lori! Your frame is so BEAUTIFUL!!! Your mom's going to love it! Great job cutting out the Lyrical letters font...I have a difficult time cutting those skinny letters sometimes. Thanks for sharing :)

Hope you're feeling better Liz :)
Take care!

Suzanne
suzwatanabe@yahoo.com

jessica said...

OMG this is beautiful Lori!!! I love it and so will your mom!
TFS another awesome guest designer Liz! Hope you have a GREAT weekend!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

This is so very very pretty. Hope you are feeling better Liz

missstamper said...

Very pretty! I hope that you will be feeling better soon Liz.

CRAZY4 CHRIST said...

This is gorgeous!! Your mom is going to love it!!
Kristan

Crafting Katie said...

Lori, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the colors and that flower! Liz, I'm counting the days until the 30th!

kim.scrapper said...

What an adorable frame, love the colors. Don't you just love the AP cartridge from CTMH? tfs

Houses Built of Cards said...

Beautiful frame! LOVE the colors and the flowers!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Angie said...

Absolutely love this frame. Great idea. Thanks for sharing. aymisson@gmail.com

Regina said...

What a great idea for Mother's day. Your mom is going to love this. It is beautiful! Nice to see Liz is recovering and will be back soon. Regina

Glora said...

WOW!!! This is SO beautiful! AMAZING colors and paper patterns. I love it! Hugs- Glora

Karenladd said...

This is fabulous!!! So pretty and feminine...and I love the colors! Hoping that Liz is continuing to do well in her recovery!

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous frame!! I love the papers and the pretty flowers-so elegant! I am sure your Mom will love it:) Beautiful!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Sue D said...

This is so pretty and will be a great gift for your mother with the photo.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

katieo said...

Beautiful frame your mom will treasure it

Kim H said...

What a BEAUTIFUL frame! LOVE the flower with the stem ~ great little accent!

Josie0602 said...

I love this frame! What a fabulous gift for your mom!

Tracy

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

What a fantastic frame. Great color choices too. I need to make one now, such a great inexpensive gift--hehehe. TFS>

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

Denise-Scrapmouse said...

Beautiful frame! It's fun to turn these $1 frames into gifts for people. TFS.

coupondenise at live dot com

quilt4fun2 said...

Great job on the frame...love the lettering too. Good luck with the picture :D
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!