Wednesday, August 5, 2015

MCT What A Treat ~ sweet baby!



Hi, today I wanted to share with you a gift card using that I made for my sweet nephew and his wife's new baby...and my first great nephew.  Yep, I'm a first time great auntie!  
They live in Alaska so it's going to be awhile before I get to hold him :(
I'm so excited for my sister/brother in law for becoming first time grandparents!


I've been wanting to create my own plaid using stamps and finally had time to try.  First I gathered a bunch of my stamps that I thought would make cool lines and then narrowed the list down.  I used "streets", "paper lines", and other stamps that weren't made for this technique.  Just another way to get more out of your stamps :)  I used a large piece of paper, so you will be seeing another project with this same "background" paper.


My Creative Time
Hello Baby Stamp and Die Set (cow, safety pin)

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Memento Ink
Copic Markers
Glossy Accents
Wink of Stella
Solid Baker's Twine

Be sure to head over to My Creative Time to see what the other gals created!

5 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Congrats Miss Liz on being a Great Auntie how exciting.
OMG your gift card envie turned out amazing and beautiful I'm in awe that you created your own plaid WOWZERS a truly outstanding creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

Marilyn said...

Awesome paper that you made!! Your gift card holder is adorable!

Kim H said...

Oh goodness ~ your are killing me here! Adorable! of course the perfect paper too! love it!

Beckie Williams said...

This is just so darn adorable. I love your plaid!

quilt4fun2 said...

Congratulations on being a Great Aunt! I love how you made your plaid background and the safety pins are an adorable background also. Your cow is colored and shaded perfectly and is so cute on the scalloped circle! Beautiful job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!