Thursday, January 22, 2015

MCT Trending Now ~ Hello there!




Happy Thursday, today is Trending Now at My Creative Time.  There are so many trends in paper crafting, some are new and some that seem to stay fresh all the time.  Today we are featuring Wood and Lace, this is one that seems to stay current.  

I first taped off my card base, then stamp the grainy wood background stamp.  Before removing the painters tape I blending ink in several colors for depth over the stamped wood image.  Next I carefully removed the tape.

I then outlined the wood with gold gel pen, I wanted it to be a bit rough.  For the sentiment, I rounded the stamp on my block, then stamped on the circle die.
I just love that fun phone die!!!

recipe

My Creative Time
Grainy Wood Background Stamp
Build A Banner Stamp and Die set
Hello Stamp Set
Fun Bunch of Circle Dies
Best Bots Forever Stamps and Dies
Heart 2 Heart Love Frame Dies

Extras
Stampin' Up ink
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Tim Holts Distress Ink
Teresa Collins Pattern paper
Gold  Paper
Gold Gel pen
Lace
Baker's Twine
Scrap paper

14 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OH WOW You've done it again a gorgeous shabby/chic card. Lovin' the wood & lace of it all...fab lace. Love the way you've used Miss Emma's goodies. Super creative job with your inks and the wood grain stamp. Cute idea with the cutie phone. What an outstanding creative job! YOU so ROCK!!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful!!

~Tammy~ said...

Love all the layers Liz! Great design!

Kristi said...

So sweet! Love this card. I think it looks like a quick card to reproduce but has a lot of interesting elements.

Crafting Katie said...

Beautiful card, Liz! Your background is just AWESOME!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful design!!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ this is just BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the wood grain background, the burlap stamp you used for your heart and the whole design! Simply STUNNING as always! Oh the paper and colors too! LOL!

Sukie said...

Very pretty card! Love the combination of the different elements! The colors are beautiful and I love the touch of lace!

Linda Hott said...

Hi Liz,
I like the colors in your Valentine card, and just how you brought it together. Really pretty.
:) Linda

katieo said...

Liz your card is do beautiful. I love the contrast of the wood with the dainty lace. That phone die is so cute.

jessica said...

What a gorgeous card Liz! LOVE your paper choices, great use of the MCT stamps and dies and your picture looks AMAZING too!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Such a beautiful card. The pattern paper is so pretty with the great job on the wood grain. I love the phone and nice piece of lace. Beautiful!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute card design Liz! The little phone is so darn cute and love the mix of papers~the lace and twine...great addition!
Sherrie k

Brigit Mann said...

This looks fantastic, great layers!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!