Tuesday, January 6, 2015

MCT My Favorite Die of the Month ~ Heart!




Happy New Year, I hope 2015 is treating you well so far!  

Welcome to my first My Creative Time project for 2015!  Today we are featuring another "My FAVORITE stamp OR die of the Month!  This month we are featuring one of my FAVE dies "Teeny Tag Layering Dies!".   


I wanted to have a little candy holder for Valentine's Day and I already had this little "mason" jar.  I quickly painted it with acrylic paint and let dry.  Once dry, I lightly sanded the raised letters.  I stamped the top layer tag with the heart stamp and adhered to the glitter back layer tag.

Attached some lace, baker's twine and tag to jar...easy peasy...add candy and display!  How much easier could this cute candy holder be!


My Creative Time 

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Red Glitter paper (hobby lobby)
Lace
Baker's Twine
Acrylic Paint (Michaels)



  If this set of dies have been on your wish list, you can pick this set up here 
at a discount price: Teeny Tag Layering Dies
This set will be on sale for the entire month of January! The sale will end on January 31, 2015 @ 12:00am PST!  



14 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Oh My Goodness Miss Liz What a cute, clever, creative, Fab & Fun idea. Love your jar gosh it turned out so pretty and yet still shabby/chic & that tiny tag is so perfect with that cute little heart stamped on it! That bakers twine is the perfect accent too! Your Candy Dish idea is so fun, You are just so gosh darn clever. YOU so ROCK!!

Amy said...

Absolutely Adorable!!!

jessica said...

This is such an AWESOME project Liz!!!!!
LOVE the mason jar painted and your tag is a perfect touch!!!

Crafting Katie said...

Liz, this is just the cutest thing ever! I love the color you painted it!!!

sweetpeaemmalou said...

This is so pretty! Love your little treat jarM

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is marvelous and oh so pretty!! Hugs!!

katieo said...

Hi Liz, Happy New Year. I love your repurposed Candy jar. Lately i have been on a chalk paint frenzy. Painting all kinds of stuff, including mason jars. This is a great way to give them as a gift

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty Liz!!

Sherrie K. said...

Adorable jar Liz! I love the mason jar and the fun lace/twine trimming and especially the sweet tag! Great project!
Sherrie k

quilt4fun2 said...

Beautiful colors for your pretty jar! I like the heart stamped on the tag instead of a written sentiment...it really shows off the beautiful twine. Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

LucyLu said...

Beautiful project!!! Love the colors!!! <3

Brigit Mann said...

What a fantastic project, love it and your photo layout is awesome!! I have to find some of those mason jars!!

Gloria said...

Fabulous!!!!! :)

Kim H said...

Liz ~ OH GOODNESS I LOVE this jar with the sweet little tag ! EEK! I call DIBS!! Not sure if anyone did already! You are always so creative over here ~ dying!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!