Tuesday, January 28, 2014

MCT ~ Try Me Tuesday ~ Thank You!


Hi paper peeps!
  I really excited to share with you another new feature at My Creative Time,  called Try Me Tuesday!  The design team crew will all be making a card that has some type of dry embossing.  Now I know that this isn't something new, however maybe you haven't used an embossing folder in a while.  If that's you, then dust them off and make something beautiful!

  I needed to make another "thank you" card for a friend, yes lately I have lots of people to thank!  It seems like it's been forever since I used the Stitched "Capture" Frame Die, but all of a sudden I have a ton of ideas!  I'll try to spread them out, so you don't get bored with it.  :) 


After I stamped "thank you" on the Stitched Circle Tab die, I added glossy accents to give it the epoxy disc look.  I think it turned out great.


The embossing folder it from a Life Style Crafts that I recently purchased at Michael's, called "Chain", but I thought it looked more like a basket...but what do I know.


recipe:

Extras
Teresa Collins ~ Everyday Moments
Teresa Collins ~ enamel dots
Papertrey Ink cardstock
metallic bakers twine
Stampin' Up ribbon and ink
Tim Holtz ink
button
Life Style embossing folder ~ Chain

Now see what you can create using MCT stamps and dies along with dry embossing.  If you post your projects on Facebook, be sure to tag Miss Emma or My Creative Time FB page.  Emma and all of us girls on the DT love to see the way you create with her products!

15 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Love your card you really did some awesome creativity with Miss Emma's goodies and I do really like the embossing folder you used and I have to agree with you it does look like a basket weave. Love the papers you used just everything together is so fantastic.

Crafting Katie said...

It's so fun to see you back to lots of creating!!! Love this card! Great mixture of patterns and embossing, with the perfect elements mixed in! The Glossy Accents on the stitched circle tab die looks awesome!

jessica said...

This is beautiful Liz!! LOVE the papers you used and the embossing is perfect!!!
Another GREAT card!!

snappy scrappy said...

Beautiful, love the colours and the embossed background!!! Lee-Ann :)

candio said...

Fab card ~ love the color combo!

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

Love this Liz! I love your mixture of patterns and I love how you used the circle tab die! Great card!!!

Ruthie :)

Beckie Williams said...

What a super cute card! You did a great job! Thanks for sharing.

mickeydee said...

it looks like a basket to me too! This is a super card that everyone would love to receive

Mimi said...

Beautiful card - love the colors.

LucyLu said...

Beautiful card!!! the color combination is great...Love it!

quilt4fun2 said...

I agree! The embossing does look like basket weave than chain...it is a pretty one though. Great card design and I like the Circle Tab. Fabulous job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Norma said...

WOW! such a lovely card and the colors are perfect. I'm coming over from my friend Kim Harris. TFS and have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Norma

Cindy Beland said...

Your card looks FANTASTIC Liz, BEAUTIFUL job my friend!!! :)

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

Oh my....I love that embossing folder. (Now on my wish list ♥) The colors are gorgeous too! ♥♥ Hugs, T

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is such a pretty card!! I love that epoxy disc look and that embossing folder is fab!!! Crafty hugs!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!