Thursday, January 23, 2014

MCT Challenge with a Sketch ~ Sweet Moments!




Happy Thursday to you!  
I'm so happy to say that My Creative Time is hosting their first Challenge of 2014!  Hopefully this challenge will motivate you to complete a page using your Holiday or any pictures for that manner!  I wasn't on the schedule today, but I just couldn't resist getting a page done myself.  Being that I was sooo EXCITED to get a page done with the super darling kids from my daughter's wedding!


These two STOLE the spotlight for the ceremony...and I don't think my daughter minded a bit!  She chose two of the most darling, well behaved, willing to please, super cute in every way kids!!!  Little Miss is already a pro at being a flower girl at the ripe old age of 2, yes 2!  Little Mr. is quite wise beyond his years, having no issue of holding hands with Little Miss (who he just met the day before)!
The awesome thing about doing a "Project Life" type album is that you can still do traditional 12x12 size pages since they have 12x12 pockets that work beautiful with the "PL" pockets.


As you can see I didn't follow the sketch exactly, and you don't have to either, however it should resemble it.  I printed the pictures from my printer, not so thrilled with the results.  I may have to have them printed professionally, but I wanted them on my page for the challenge.   After printing them, I used the 3x4 Journal Die.  Since you can see through it, I cut the print down to just over 3x4, then I let the same amount hang over the die.  That way I knew the cuts would be square with the picture.  Lastly I added some Tim Holtz distress ink to the edges of the pictures.  I think I used "Old Paper".  It aged it a bit plus made the stitching more pronounced.


I inked all the remaining paper edges with "Frayed Burlap".  Added chunky glitter to the die cut mustache.  I know...only I would glitter up a mustache! lol!!!  


recipe:
Things I Love Stamp Set (sweet moments sentiment)

Extras
Papers: MME, Carte Bella, and some unknown companies
American Cardstock
chunky glitter
Tim Holtz inks
Mementos ink
bakers twine
button

Be sure to enter the challenge by clicking HERE...you know that Miss Emma will have a FABBIE prize for the winner!

10 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Your take on the Sketch challenge is really great and I love how you used all of Miss Emma's goodies I love always seeing different ways to create with them. You sure know how to be Johnny on the spot for the perfect photo op!!
Those two kiddos are adorable and loved the little story you shared too.

Cindy Beland said...

Oh WOW Liz, your layout is just GORGEOUS my friend!!! LOVE those sweet pics, Have a nice day!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute munchkins!!! LOVE your LO...especially the adorable glittered mustache!!

Crafting Katie said...

How precious, Liz! Those kiddoes are absolutely adorable! Love the colors and all of the elements you used on this layout, especially your blue glittered stache!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so wonderful and such a happy layout! Little Miss and Mr. are too adorable! I love how you added the glitter to the mustache! How fun!

candio said...

Darling LO! Great way to showcase those cute pics!

Alvina said...

Hi Liz, beautiful layout, thanks for sharing, I love the pastel colors that u used!

quilt4fun2 said...

Wonderful job on your layout and story! Such a sweet memory to journal about. Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

mickeydee said...

This truly is a sweet moment for a super sweet layout. You captured it perfectly.

sweetpeaemmalou said...

This is just darling! Love the colors and those sweet photos! Oh, and the glittered mustache! Great take on the sketch.

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!