Tuesday, January 21, 2014

MCT Tag-it Tuesday ~ You're Just My Type!



Hi Everyone and welcome to My Creative Time"Tag-it Tuesday"!  This is a new feature at MCT, where we are to create a tag.  This week's assignment was to go with any theme.  Now you would think that with "any theme" I would be able to follow the rules...but, nooooo!  I couldn't just stay with a tag, I had to make a tag card!  That's right a TAG CARD!  hehehe





In order to make it a card, you need to start with a thin piece of cardstock (papertry ink cardstock will not work for this).  Tri fold it back and forth at two places.  Just make sure that the center section is narrower than the die (otherwise the die will cut it and you'll have 3 tags...no bueno).  When you run it through the cutter, again make sure the center section is lined up not to be cut on either side of the die.  I hope this make sense.  :)  Then cut one tag all by itself from a pattern paper and attach to the front tag.  That will give it more stability.


The center section tag is slightly narrower than the end tags, but it's all one piece of cardstock.


I created a pocket on the front to slip in another dag, for more "love notes".


The stickle hearts were stamped first then I added stickles for more sparkle!  Plus I added glossy accents to all of the small die hearts and the "xoxo".  Gotta love glossy accents!  :)


Recipe:
Tag Dies (tag base)
Stitched Sweethearts & XOXO ( medium heart, small heart, and xoxo die)
Once Upon A Time Stamp Set ( typewriter and small sentiments)
You're So Cool Stamp Set(tiny heart stamp)

Extras
thin cardstock 
Carte Bella pattern paper
jute
bakers twine
button
glossy accents
stickles
Mementos ink
Stampin' Up ink
paperclips
Provo Craft embossing folder

Don't forget to stop by and see what all the other girls from the Design Team made!

13 comments:

Joan Smith said...

I love your tag !! Liz have to say you are a very clever gal to come up with this tag card idea. I love how you've used all of Miss Emma's goodies and can't wait to give this a try. I did read & re-read your directions I think I understand how you made your trifold tag card but I'll know when I go to do it (LOL) hey practice make perfect??!! Your tag to me is very romantic too.....so thanks for sharing your recipe. Hope you have a fun crafty kind of day!!

Crafting Katie said...

This is so cool, Liz! LOVE this idea! And I love all of the embellishments you put on it! Just gorgeous!!!

snappy scrappy said...

Fabulous, love the tri tag card. Beautiful layers, patterns and colours!! Lee-Ann :)

jessica said...

This is awesome Liz!!!
Such a GREAT tag card and fun fun stamps and die embellishing!!!!

Sherrie K. said...

WOWZERS Liz...this is AWESOME! It is jam packed with such cute idea's! Love all the stamps and dies you used!
Sherrie K

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I love this tag card. What an awesome job you did. So many elements to look at. I love every detail. I am going to try this and see how it comes out. Probably not as good as your lol :) have a great day my friend

Carol W. said...

Beautiful tri-fold tag! Love the design and the pattern paper used for this project. Thank you for sharing. Hugs ~ Carol W.
workmanscraps at gmail dot com

Brenda said...

How clever to make a tri fold tag card! Love it! Love the papers you have used on this tag card and love all the products from MCT!

quilt4fun2 said...

The tri-fold tag is a clever idea...lots of space to decorate. I like the pull out tags, tabs and the chevy dot embossing is very cool. Sweet job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kristi said...

Totally love this tri card! Great idea.
Kristi
kidshomelove@yahoo.com
foundtimeforme.blogspot.com

Charity Morris-Chamberlain said...

Awesome tri-fold tag card!!!
Charity
bizarrecreativity@gmail.com
http://www.collectivecreativity.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

GORGEOUS job with your tag Liz, I LOVE all the great details you added that it is a tri-fold tag card!!! SO COOL, Have a AWESOME day my friend!!! :)

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love all the details you put into this tag card!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!