Saturday, July 10, 2010

Baby Shower Invitation & Diaper Cake

**** In celebration of 100+ followers, I'm giving away BLOG CANDY! So click here and leave a comment to be entered! I will be drawing a winner on July 15th! ****

Hi!

I hope you're enjoying your Saturday!  I've got alot to do today...get ready for a baby shower, about 60 people!  I just wanted to do a quick post of what was made for it...


the invitations, recipe:
Cricut Cartridge: Create a Critter
Paper: Stampin Up
Ribbon: Papertrey Ink, Michaels
Circle Punch: Creative Memories






diaper cake,  I saw this on someone's blog, unfortunately I don't remember who's it was.  She had used disposable diapers, I switched mine to cloth.  This diaper cake is a dual purpose item...it's a centerpiece and a "guess how many items in the cake" game.  I've hidden items in the cake, socks, an outfit, and onsies.  Once the party is over, the mommy to be, has a gift too!  She'll also be surprised to see what's in it!


Advise card box...each side has a circle with an animal on it, like the invitations.

I made a pennant banner, but was unable to take a picture of it....basically each pennant had a letter ~ 

WELCOME NOAH JOHN
then I used each of the animals as before for the begining, end and in between each name.  I had added a scallop trim at the top and strung it with ribbon.  If I'm able, I'll try to take a picture at the shower.

Enjoy!


18 comments:

Saundra said...

These decorations and ivitations are so cute! You did a Fantastic job!

JennyKozar said...

All of your work here is just adorable! What a friend for you to undertake all of this - don't our Cricuts rock!!

terriennz said...

This is, hands down, so stinking adorable!!

Terrie B.

Julie S said...

Love the invitations, you did a great job!!

erin lee creative said...

So precious! Love this.

Amy C said...

These are all super cute!! I am loving the diaper cake guessing game. Thanks for sharing!!

Banner Market said...

Aloha Liz! WOW! Your invites and cake are amazing and adorable. The Mother to be will love it. You are so dang talented and have such a great eye for putting things together. AMAZING! Wish we could of seen the pennent but Im sure its just as adorable as all of your other goodies. Hope you had a wonderful day at the shower too :)
We get back from vaca on Sunday, we hate to leave Maui but Im really missing my paper, ribbons and bling ;) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Everything turned out so beautiful! I love that the little animals are kind of peeking out of the invitations. I'm sure the mom-to-be will feel so special and loved. TFS!

Enfys said...

These are just fabulous. I bet the mommy to be will be so thrilled with your creativity, great job
big hugs
En xx

Marlene said...

Your cards AND your diaper cake are fantastic!!! What a great gift! She's gonna love it!

Scrappy Mel said...

OMGosh - everthying is so ADORABLE! I love the invites and the cake. YOU ROCK! :)

Allison Rankin said...

Love the theme with all those animal images...they are so cute! And that is one of the best takes on a diaper cake I have seen (love the raffia you added!).

rite said...

omg this is beautiful liz!!! Maybe u can help me an idea... im trying to find a cute recipe for a rubber ducky themed party invite?!?! any ideas?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by this morning to my blog - SITS has opened up a whole new world for me. I plan on sending my daughter your latest diaper cake idea.

Anonymous said...

Wow, everything looks awesome, great job!

Unknown said...

Love the invites. I want to use the invites as a template for invitations i need to do for a friends shower. her and her husband are using alligators and snakes for the babies room and this invite would work with their theme perfectly!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful invitation and diaper cake too.Thanks for the pics.pooh baby shower

charlos john said...

Thanks for sharing this useful info.. pannolini

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!