Sunday, July 2, 2017

MCT Cook-n-Craft ~ wood and feathers!


Happy Monday!  Today over at My Creative Time it's Cook-n-Craft.  This is where we share what's for dinner and a project.  You might even want to try one of our recipes :)

For my card, I first used modeling paste with a wood stencil and let dry.  Once it was dry, I ink blended lightly with Distress ink.  The feathers were stamped with Archival  ink, and water colored with Distress inks.  I added some white dots with a gel pen and attached to the panel and card base


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Tim Holtz wood stencil
Distess Inks
Archival Ink
Modeling Paste
White Gel Pen

Now for my dinner...I looove spicy food, fajitas and nachos but I try to stay away from tortillas and  chips (I could eat the whole bag no matter the size) so this is what I do when I'm craving both.  I grill up chicken, peppers, and onions with lots of seasonings.  


Then I take brown rice tortillas cut them up, spray with coconut oil, salt and pepper them and broil for a few short minutes.  I turn them a couple of times until brown and crispy.  


Next I layer up my plate and top with guacamole and sour cream...YUMMY! 



4 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Oh What a Gorgeous Card. I love the wood look you achieved!! It's amazing how it looks so real like you used thin pieces of birch...very impressive....and your feathers are so sweet...you so did a Super Outstanding Creative job!!

Your Mexican dish sounds amazing.....and looks delish....and pretty to look at definitely makes a great presentation....Enjoyed both of your projects....Craftroom & kitchen!! YOU so ROCK!!

Marilyn said...

Cute card!! your recipe looks delicious!

Unknown said...

What a cool card! I love the ink blending on top of the modeling paste! And your feathers are so pretty! Your dinner looks scrumptious!

quilt4fun2 said...

The texture and dimension on your card is so pretty! Beautiful job. I will have to look for rice tortillas...I have never seen them here. Your recipe looks so yummy!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!