Monday, June 27, 2016

MCT Manly Monday ~ wish big!


Howdy happy Monday to you!  Today is Manly Monday over at My Creative Time.  I never have enough of these so I'm always happy when I'm assigned to create one :)

As funny as this might sound, this card was inspired by my kitchen redo.  I have been stripping paint off my cabinet doors (30 of them) so I can repaint them (they were chipping and peeling).  As the paint was being stripped off I was left with wood grain doors, kind of like the "wood" rectangle.  


To create the "wood" box I taped off with post it tape and inked the wood stencil, then with a darker brown distress ink I add a bit of shading.  For the Sentiment Label die, I made it longer to fit my die cut sentiment.


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Tim Holtz Stencil
Distress Inks
Copic Markers
Memento Ink

Be sure to see what my DT sister created HERE!

5 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz...What a Super cool Card. Love how you created your wood look..it turned out awesome....Great coloring job on the tools and love how you did your sentiment. You so did a super outstanding creative job!!

YOU so ROCK!!

Lara said...

This is fantastic! Clean crisp design, and tools. Love it!

Crafting Katie said...

Fabulous card, Liz! I love the wood grain background and the story of your inspiration!!!

Marilyn said...

Great card!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great technique with the stencil...it looks beautiful. Good luck with the stripping of the doors!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!