Wednesday, June 8, 2016

MCT Inspire Me Wednesday ~ by the sea!


Hi, today over at My Creative Time is "Inspire Me Wednesday".  This is where we get inspiration from non traditional places.  My card was inspired from a pillow I saw at either Pier1 or World Market, I can't remember which one I was at since they are next door to each other.  I just fell in love with the distressed look and wanted to bring it home, but I don't have a "beachy house" so at the store it stayed.


To create the "tile", I embossed with a die, then masked and ink blended.  Then I heat embossed several coats of clear embossing powder, on the last coat I sprinkled a bit of gold.  I used distress inks for the sand "ticking" and blue stripe, then sprinkled water droplet.  After it was dry, I lightly splattered distress ink for added interest.


recipe:

My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Embossing Powder
VersaMark Ink
Button 
Hemp


2 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz What a Gorgeous Card!! The colors are so beautiful Super great ink blending job!!
Your shell turned out so pretty and sweet. Love the button and the hemp!! You so came up with so many clever ideas!! Definitely an outstanding creative job!! YOU so ROCK!!

quilt4fun2 said...

How pretty your tile turned out! I wish we could see the shine on the tile. I really like the stripes and spattering. Wonderful job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!