Friday, April 3, 2015

With Sympathy...



Hello, happy Friday!  
I have a watercolor card to share with you today.  You're not getting tired of water coloring, are you?  I hope not, since I'm having so much fun experimenting with different ways to watercolor!  I know, that sounds wierd since it's a "sympathy" card.  
This card for an artistic friend who recently lost her husband after a long illness.


For this card, I stamped the flower using Tim Holtz Distress Ink, then I used Stampin' Up marker (regular ones) to do the water coloring.  I think that most any water based marker would work.  After everything was dry, I added drops of glossy accents.


My Creative Time
Seasonal Greetings -sentiment

Extras
 Papertrey Ink Cardstock and Vellum
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Embossing Powder
VersaMark Ink
Hemp
Watercolor Paper

Have a beautiful weekend!

8 comments:

jessica said...

What a gorgeous card Liz!!!!! So sorry you have to make a sympathy card but I know your friend will love it!
Happy Friday!! Hope you have a GREAT Easter weekend!

Crafting Katie said...

Stunning! I think your friend will love it.

snappy scrappy said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Beckie Williams said...

Very Pretty~~

Sherrie K. said...

Your sympathy card is beautiful Liz! The watercolor looks fantastic and love the pretty flower. So you had to make a sympathy card but I am sure your friend appreciated it.
Happy Easter to you and your family!
Sherrie K

quilt4fun2 said...

Such a beautiful sympathy card. I am not tired of the water coloring...so many different techniques and looks. I really like the glossy drops. So pretty!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

Liz ~ nope not getting sick of seeing water coloring!! I am still practicing here but you my sweet friend have MASTERED it!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

Brigit Mann said...

I absolutely love how that flower came out, beautiful, love the drops of glossy accents!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!