Wednesday, April 29, 2015

MCT Inspire Me Wednesday ~ starfish!


Today is Inspire Me Wednesday at My Creative Time!  This CAS card was inspired by the home decor item.  I love to get inspiration from unexpected things :)

Exclusive Italian marble tile with a Star Fish design in the center of our wine cork board.   Tumbled Italian Botticino Marble Tile (4



To create the "tile" I attached several squares of Bristol paper together, then "embossed" the starfish die.  I created a masks to ink the starfish and background.  After I completed the inking, I heat embossed with clear embossing powder over the whole tile several times.  When I thought there was enough layers I did one more and added a tiny bit of fine gold embossing powder before heat setting.

Adding the gold thread, sequins, and glossy accents completes my card.



My Creative Time

Extras
Papertey Ink Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Bristol Paper
Clear embossing powder
Gold Fine embossing powder
Sequins
Glossy Accents
Gold Thread


7 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz Your Starfish card is so cute!! It was fun reading how you created your Starfish tile....very clever and creative for sure. and then adding your silver thread and sequins is the perfect touch. YOU so ROCK!!

Crafting Katie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the sequins - the perfect touch!

Vanessa said...

Wow, that's beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

quilt4fun2 said...

What a great technique...it looks just like a tile and I like the small sprinkle of gold on it. The gold thread and other embellishments is so pretty. Wonderful card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Beckie Williams said...

Your starfish is amazing. I love the tile look you gave it!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ this is just GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors, the technique and oh my the details! I seriously have to give this a try sometime! Beautifully done ~ like always!

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is so cool! It looks like a tile! I love technique you used!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!