Thursday, October 1, 2015

MCT Trending Now: Color Blocking ~ thankful for you!


Hello, happy Thursday to you!  Today over at My Creative Time is our Trending Now segment.  Have you noticed that "Color Blocking" is all the rage, especially in fashion!  Typically it's using bright colors with black, but you know me I always have to twist it up.  So I went with kraft and fall colors :)


With the Chevron colors being so structured, I wanted the leaves to be super whimsical.  So I was really carefree with the embossing on the leaves.


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Gold Embossing Powder
VersaMark Ink
Gold Thread
Hemp
Button

6 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Oh My What a Gorgeous Card!! Love how you did your Color Blocking super fab & fun idea great colors too. Your embossed leaves are so cute and pretty...great touch with the gold thread & button...I love the Kraft also it's a fav of mine. You so did a super outstanding creative job!!
YOU ROCK!!

Crafting Katie said...

Just darling! I love this card, Liz!

katieo said...

I love the color blocking against the kraft paper. Your leaves look beautiful

quilt4fun2 said...

Love the fall colors and idea to use the Chevron. The little nest of thread and hemp with the buttons are so pretty with the leaves and gold embossing. Beautiful card.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Beckie Williams said...

beautiful cards and beautiful colors.

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Oh this is so BEAUTIFUL!! LOVE that you used those dies and added the gold touches ~ so pretty!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!