Monday, October 12, 2015

MCT Scrapping The Little Things ~ happy anniversary!


Hello!  Today is Scrapping The Little Things over at My Creative Time.  Truth be told I've kind of let my scrapbooking get a bit behind, even using the pocket style albums.  :/  So I've been trying to keep at least this year up to date.  Oh...the problems of a scrapbooker!  LOL!

My pages are from my anniversary dinner, my husband has been wanting to take me to the House of Prime Rib in San Francisco for quite sometime.  He tried to get a reservation on a Friday night six weeks in advance, but it was already booked so Thursday night it was.  Yes, six weeks for a reservation!  If you're ever in the city and like prime rib, it's a must!  It's been there since the 40's!


The meat comes around on a cart and cut at your table by the chef.  If you like your meat well done, this not the place for you.  I happen to like it rare, that's one reason I printed my pictures in sepia tone.  I thought it might gross people out if they saw just how rare it was.  :)

Choosing the sepia tone of the pictures gave me the idea to go monochromatic for the whole layout.  I must let you know it does look better in person.  In the pictures it appears very dull.



My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
VersaMark Ink
Gold Embossing Powder

Have a great rest of the week!

6 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Oh what a super cute pic of you & your sweetie. Loved your story share and have to say thanks for the sepia pics as I would've been grossed out LOL so kind of you!!
I too love the way you scrap and did LOL at your comment of "The problems of a scrapper" I love your total monochromatic idea....it definitely is a fabulous look!! YOU so ROCK!!

Crafting Katie said...

I think it's gorgeous! Love the cake peeking behind the picture!

katieo said...

Sounds like you had lots of fun and a fantastic feast. I love the sepia toned picture. I have always wanted to go there. Have a great day

quilt4fun2 said...

I like the monochromatic theme with the gold embossing! The cake peeking out is a cute idea. Beautiful job. Six weeks??? I don't think I have ever heard of a restaurant making reservations that far out. It must be worth the wait!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

jessica said...

So beautiful Liz! I love the black and gold color combo!
Super PL cards!

Kim H said...

Awe Liz ~ your cards turned out PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL! LOVE how you did them in gold ~ they look amazing with the black and gold theme! BEAUTIFULLY done!! CONGRATS too!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!