Tuesday, November 12, 2013

MCT ~ Inspire Me Tuesday ~ it's a shower!

Hi everyone happy Tuesday!  I had a yesterday off and I got so much done around my house, laundry, cleaning blinds and fans, and even a little bit of crafting!  It was a GOOD DAY!  If you had a long weekend I hope you got to enjoy it too!
 
Today is Inspire Me Tuesday over at My Creative Time!  For those of us on the schedule today, we are to find something to inspire us.  When I was on Pinterest the last week I came upon  really cool quilting blog.  I don't quilt, however I do love the way quilters put fabric together.  It's quite an art!  I was really drawn to this picture of fabrics.  Probably since it the colors of my daughter's wedding.  I know I'm at it again with the wedding...  :)
Bijou Lovely | 12prepping.
 
 
I wanted to make a bunting banner for her shower to hang over on of the tables.
 

I actually made three strands to hang above a table, but wasn't able to get a good picture with all three about the table, so I took two of the strands outside for the picture :)
 
It's hard to see that I used two different embossing folders on one of the solid purples and the grey.
 



 
recipe:
 
My Creative Time
 
Extras
Bazzill and Recollections card stock
Recollections pattern paper
Other patter paper that I've had for years
hemp, purple and grey
Stampin' Up ink
Embossing Folders
 
 
Over the next few weeks I will be sharing different items that we are using at her shower.  After her shower then I'll share the complete look.
 
Be sure to see the other girls on the DT!  Also don't forget My Creative Time is having a Design Team Call, click here for more details!

7 comments:

Joan Smith said...

Oh Liz how creative and clever of you!! You really created such a pretty and cute banner and love the papers you chose and the colors are so beautiful and such cute, cute umbrellas. Love how you used all of Miss Emma's goodies. Hey I never get sick of you talking about your daughter's wedding I had 4 kids that got married and I still love talking about it and it is so much fun scrapping all the pictures too. So guess we'll be in for tons of treats!!
You are just such a talented gal I always love seeing what your create.

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute banner, great colours!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Oh this is so BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE that umbrella and of course the whole concept! I struggle with purple ~ I can see you do NOT! I can't wait for the shower and wedding & NO not because it will be over ~ I can't wait to see how BEAUTIFUL and GORGEOUS the shower and wedding turns out! I agree with quilters ~ they are AMAZING with patterns and colors! Have a great day! Oh yeah on tall the household chores too!

Kristi said...

This is a pretty cool banner. I am in awe of homemade party decor.

Sherrie K. said...

THis is AMAZING Liz! WOW, love the rich colors and the awesome pattern pieces! The banner will look fabulous hanging over the tables:) Keep posting your fantastic decorations....we all want to see your fabulous work of art!
Have a super evening!
Sherrie K

quilt4fun2 said...

Quilters always inspire me too ;) I love the colors and your banner is so cute with the umbrellas and sentiments! Great job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafting Katie said...

I am in love with your banner! The colors, the cute umbrellas with the little hearts, so cute! I definitely need to remember this next time we have a shower for a coworker!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!