Thursday, August 4, 2016

MCT Trending Now: Mixed Media ~ happy birthday!


Hello, today is Trending Now at My Creative Time, the theme for today is mixed media!  Now I'm sure when you hear mixed media, you're probably thinking dark and masculine.  I'm here to say it doesn't always have to be that.  :)


I created this sweet birthday card by first heat embossing white circles, then watercoloring the background.  For the elephant, I stamped it using the "stamp off" technique, then watercolored it.  Lastly I added the "happy birthday" banner and the #1.  


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Bristol Paper
VersaMark Ink
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Ranger Ink
Hero Arts Embossing Powder
Sequins

6 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz....How Adorable is your Mixed Media Tag. You are so right the Mixed Media Thoughts go to more Masculine ideas and you sure showed that doesn't have to be the way at all....Your tag is absolutely Prescious, Pretty & Adorable. Love the ways you used Miss Emma's goodies!! Your inking and embossing is so pretty. To coin Miss Emma's Phrase Girl You So "Nailed It"!! You definitely did a super outstanding creative Mixed Media Job!! YOU so ROCK!!

Marilyn said...

Adorable!!

Kristi said...

This s so delicate and gorgeous.

Linda Hott said...

I love your card, the little elephant looks so soft with the stamp off technique and he is so cute surrounded by the bubbles and the purple hue. Great card! :)

quilt4fun2 said...

I love the stamp off on the elephant...just enough to see where to color...looks totally water colored. Great job on your mixed media! Your card is adorable.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Crafting Katie said...

Liz, this is so darling!!! I just love it!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!