Tuesday, November 10, 2015

MCT Tag It Tuesday ~ merry christmas!


Hi today is Tag It Tuesday over at My Creative Time.  
I think you know by now my feeling about tags...they are perfect to have on hand for any occasion!  You can quickly hang them from a gift bag or add them to a card base for a quick card!

My tag today is going to be added to my Christmas stash.  I usually have some sort of theme or color scheme for my holiday wrap, however this year I think I'm going for an eclectic look.  I'm toying around the idea that the wrap will be solid colors of red, white, and kraft, with the tags and ribbon being the focal point.


After die cutting the tag I stamped with the striped border twice with my Misti tool.  I didn't get the lines perfect so I added the "merry christmas" banner to hide my mistake.  Remember no mistakes in paper crafting you just have to make some adjustments  :)

The wood background was created using white pigment ink on the grey.  For the pine needles, I stamped with VersaMark on the blue/green cardstock...VersaMark is the best "color" ink to have since it goes with EVERYTHING!  Then I fussy cut the pine needles...oh how I wish Miss Emma would come out with dies for the "Pretty Spring Wreath" Stamp set!!!!  hint hint  ;)


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
White Pigment Ink
Copic Markers
Wink of Stella
VersaMark Ink
Stampin' Up Ink
Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder
Glossy Accents
White Gel Pen


7 comments:

Linda Hott said...

Liz, I love your tag, it's soooo adorable! Puts me in the mood for Christmas right now! lol TFS

Joan Smith said...

OMG Miss Liz your tag is Absolutely precious....Love your cutie little Santa Birdie.....love how you have the sprinkle of sparkly snow on the leaves....You really did a super creative job. Your packages will be so cute and beautiful....and your tag definitely would be cute too as a tree ornament who know the lucky person who gets it may just do this. YOU so ROCK!!

Crafting Katie said...

This is just as cute as can be!!! I just adore this tag, Liz!!!

Beckie Williams said...

Your tag turned out simply adorable!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Your tag is so cute! Love your little bird, the way the wood and stripes look. So fun to put a big hat on the little bird :D Your tree will look amazing with the plain wrap and colored tags and ribbons!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Oh my this is DARLING! ILOVE everything about it and oh what mistake! See you shouldn't have said anything!! It looks PERFECT!! LOL ~ love the hint btw!!

Marilyn said...

OMG!! Love your tag!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!