Wednesday, May 20, 2015

MCT Inspire Me Wednesday ~ refuse to sink!


Good Morning!  It's another Inspire Me Wednesday over at My Creative Time.  The card I made for today is actually inspired by two things.  Colors and theme are from the picture below, the layout and gesso technique are from a class I took earlier this year.



First I stamped the white lines in the background using gesso onto watercolor paper.  Don't let the gesso dry on your stamps, clean immediately.  Once the paper was dry, I watercolored with distress ink.  I was really that simple to create this card!


My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Watercolor paper
Gesso
White Embossing Powder
Enamel Dots


10 comments:

Marilyn said...

Pretty!!

jessica said...

This is AWESOME Liz!!! Great take on the inspiration pic!!

Jess said...

Beautiful card Liz!!
Hugs,
Jess

Beckie Williams said...

This is so cool!! I love the mixed media effect!!

katieo said...

Awesome card liz. I love the white anchor

Jen P said...

What a neat card! Love the new technique you used!

Joan Smith said...

WOW Miss Liz what a gorgeous card!!
Love your watercoloring so pretty.
Great ideas using Miss Emma's goodies.
YOU so ROCK!!

quilt4fun2 said...

I like your take on the inspirational picture. MCT had the perfect anchor and the coloring over the Gesso is beautiful. Your card is way prettier than the photo.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Esther said...

Beautiful job Liz!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Liz!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!