Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday ~Thinking of You!

 
Good morning my crafty friends!  Today is Thoughtful Thursday over at My Creative Time!  I love when I'm on the schedule for this since I never have enough "thinking of you" cards.  Nor do I ever have enough cards that can be used for men.
 
Now you are probably thinking...this card has a teddy bear on it, how could this be a "man" card?  Well I think even "manboys" :) like teddy bears!  hehehe

 
Sometimes I find it amusing that a card in person looks really great, however in pictures it doesn't always translate...that's what I think happened here.  In these pictures the blue and white polka dots is a bit harsh on the eyes, but not in person.  So weird!

To make the "hi" banners I cut one "banner" die from Vintage Stitched Label Die and cut it in half.  After stamping the letters I glued it to the Stitched Capture Frame with Arrow Die then re cut it with the Stitched Capture Frame with Arrow Die to create the stitched lines on the banners.

 
For the bear heart I colored with copics then added a tiny bit of glossy accents.

Recipe:

My Creative Time

Extras
Papertrey Ink Cardstock
My Mind's Eye pattern paper
SU ink
Copic Marker
Glossy Accents
Tim Holtz Ink
Metallic Gold Hemp

9 comments:

jessica said...

Super adorable card Liz! Love the papers and of course the awesome stamps and dies!
Thanks for sharing and have a GREAT Thursday!

Joan Smith said...

Liz your card is so sweet and you are so right about it being for a guy.
My sweet hubby is a man-boy and he loves teddy bears, puppets, and toys period. I love the little story you told re: your card. Your card will definitely warms the heart of whomever receives it. You are such a thoughtful and loving gal. Thanks always for your sweet stores and sharing your God given talents.

snappy scrappy said...

So super sweet!

tracym110 said...

Great card Liz! I love the papers you used!
Tracy
tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com

My Creative Time said...

SUPER DUPER ADORBS!!! I LOVE how you used that frame die!!!! EXELLENTE my friend! :)
HUGS!!

quilt4fun2 said...

I think teddy bears are for manboys too...the cute blue heart makes it so ;) I like the design idea of your card. It looks wonderful and when received they will know you were thinking of them.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome card!! I agree, I think bears are for manboys too! Great design and love your paper choices!!
Sherrie K

Crafting Katie said...

So adorable, Liz! I love all of your layers, and the little HI banner!!!

Kim H said...

Liz ~ Well this card is ADORABLE but yet so elegant! LOL! I think those papers just wow'd me! LOVE all the details and oh my that is one of my favorite dies ~ Captured frame ~! As always LOVE it!!!

I've Moved to a NEW BLOG! Ink Ink Stamp!

Hello!  I've moved to a new blog  Ink Ink Stamp!